Will any footswitch do?

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by mhainz, Apr 9, 2013.

1. mhainz

mhainz Tele-Meister

G'day.
    I've acquired from a friend an old SS amp. On the back are two sockets for (separate I guess) footswitches. One for channel and one for the stereo chorus. Can I plug in any generic type footswitch? I doubt very much I'd get an original one or even find out what an original one would be like as the amp is just a generic, made in Korea in the late 80s "SoundLab" branded thing.
    It's nothing flash but sounds pretty gnarly and would be ok to just leave at my mate's place for jams.

Any thoughts folks?

2. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe, Maybe not. I took my Vox Cambridge into GC, I was thinking about trading it off. It was in perfect working order and then the guitar center dude started plugging random footswitches into it to see if the channel switching worked (I didnt realize he was doing it until it was too late). After that the Tremolo would not work at all. I can not prove that is what caused it to be fried however its a dang good coincidence if it had nothing to do with it. Also, GC refused to buy it since it no longer worked so I was double screwed. Same guy also managed to break my Wah pedal on the same visit as well. Sadly, he moved on (guessing fired) shortly afterwards.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.