Wildwood 10 1959 Tele

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by frogger, Jul 5, 2013.

1. frogger

frogger Tele-Holic

Ok I have the Strat, it is wonderful and now I want the same for the Tele in the same color. They live at Wildwood guitars in Colorado but I live 7 hours drive away. Does anyone own one and if you do give me a a quick rundown please. Sherwood Green makes me all jingly inside! :)

2. Woollymonster

Woollymonster Tele-Meister

Looks like you will be the first to tell us! My only question would be; what do those Josefina Campos hand wound pickups sound like and what makes them $2800 better than the others? They don't have any demos up of that model.

I don't think you can go wrong with a WW10. My '51 has become my favorite guitar. I came real close to getting the '59 but the only one they had at the time was the shell pink with large '59 C neck. Looks like they still have it and may be willing to deal if you are into that color.

Keep us posted!
    Woolly

3. frogger

frogger Tele-Holic

Those are Masterbuilt on the website and the price is crazy. My Strat was team built and has a Brazilian board and was 2K + cheaper. I will have to contact Wildwood to see if they ordered the Team built version. Don't know anything about Josefina other than she is the new gal on the block winding pups. My John Cruz pups in my Strat are magic. If they put a Twisted Tele in the neck and a NoCaster at the bridge I would be happy.

4. M40A1

M40A1 TDPRI Member

There's this fiesta red one that recently came in used, it's a Masterbuilt by Todd Krause. It has the Brazilian fretboard and Abby handwound pickups. if you're interested you better hurry as WW10s that come in used--especially the Masterbuilts--don't hang around long.

Link to guitar: http://wildwoodguitars.com/products/r58650.php?CategoryID=87&n=16

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. frogger

frogger Tele-Holic

Thanks for the heads up M40A1 that one is extremely nice. Not a terrible price for a Masterbuilt. I was thinking Team built in Sherwood Green...to match my Strat. :)

6. M40A1

M40A1 TDPRI Member

In that case, you should be able to order a TB in that color unless they have a SG inbound. As for pickups, not sure if you can get anything but the TT bridge and neck, but you can ask them to be sure.

7. polloelastico

polloelastico TDPRI Member

The risk with a custom order is that it's yours, like it or not. I've had custom orders leave me flat, and my wallet light! I won't do that again.

8. Humbuster

Humbuster Tele-Meister

Gonna go to Wildwood next week.

Thinking about trading/consigning my ES335 Fat neck towards a WW10 52 Tele.
    Really miss a great Tele (will never forgive myself for selling my Masterbuilt) and the 335, as much as I love 'em, has always been a little "big".

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.