Wilde L45s

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Bruxist, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's

Anyone have any experience with Wilde L45s? Thinking of putting some in my SRV strat.

I have tried higher output single coils and they are just not for me, so I am thinking of railed pickups, either these or some Dimarzios.

Thanks!

2. hopdybob

hopdybob Tele-Holic

these are very articulate pickups, not high output, have a very bell like top end.
    you can get them very near the strings without string pull.

i think it would be a good thing you post what kind off music you are playing and what tone your after because the L280, and the L200 are good sounding pickups to and don't forget the microcoils.

i will never forget the microsoil tele neck pickup with adjustable pole pieces, what a dynamic and full sounding thing that was.
    the middle pickup of a keystone strat set, the first middle pickup that could hold my attention.
    but my favorite is the l280 in the neck position in the puzzle caster of my avatar (l200 at bridge)

so chose your target and than your weapon ;-)

Derek Kiernan and Bruxist like this.
  3. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

I had them for a while. They seemed nice, clean and bell like as hopdybob says. I had them because Coco Montoya has used them for years. However they sound far different when he plays! (imagine that!)

Bruxist likes this.
  4. Teleguy61

Teleguy61 Friend of Leo's

Excellent pickups.

Doug B and Bruxist like this.
  5. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's

How do they sound with dirt?

6. NWinther

NWinther Tele-Afflicted

Well they are also good with dirt...they work well with a tone control. I find them to be balanced and detailed. They work well with how you pick. Dig hard and they pick up on that, ease up and they go that way too...if you are used to pickups that are somewhat muffled or "warm" or what ever people call it, then these will be more open and clear. They are great pickups.

Bruxist likes this.
  7. Derek Kiernan

Derek Kiernan Friend of Leo's

They sound fantastic with distortion, since they have both incredible clarity and a smooth attack character, with as much sensitivity to dynamic and tonal variation as you'll get out of any pickup. You can also use a small capacitor on the tone control to get coloration in the range of higher inductance pickups, and then when you want a more traditional clear Fender-type sound, just turn the control! It's a nice setup.

NWinther and Bruxist like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.