Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Why so few threads about Squiers?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by teletubby63, Mar 2, 2013.

1. rokett

rokett Tele-Meister

Jun 26, 2010
    Berlin/Germany
    Yes, I disagree! I personal own three CV 50's bsb (everything totally stock!) and one of them has definetly a thicker neck than the other two, you can feel and measure it!

If you disagree, then I invite you to keep playing my CVs ;)

2. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Sure, the later CV 50s with the BSB is a little thicker and so is IMO the CV Thinline; as compared to the CVC and CV white 50s.

But, these are all like very tiny toys to me. Basically, if a neck isn't the size of a Baja at least, I'm not going to be happy. All the guitars I put together have a neck of 1" thickness.

If I'm a basketball scout and I get to choose between a prospect that is 5 foot 4 and one that is 5 foot 6, I'm not choosing either. If you wanna watch little guys play basketball, that's fine with me, too. ;)

3. TorontoTelefan

TorontoTelefan Tele-Meister

Mar 29, 2010
    Toronto ON
    Yeah I think the thing is that we all play for wildly different reasons, and those reasons have a lot to do with how we view the role of branding in our guitars. At the end of the day, playing a guitar is an EXPERIENCE and I think what we value in that experience is very individual.

Some people just want the best sound to them. Others want the best sound with the thrill of victory of getting it at a bargain. Others want to enjoy the experience of driving the Ferrari and going Masterbuilt at Fender. Some people like the personal experience of going to an independent builder and that's cool too.

I don't think anyone is wrong. Any number of factors can influence the experience of playing. I think the lie is when we pretend that the sound that pops out the amp is all that matters to us. There's way more to the experience of playing than just that.

I think that's why I don't flame people for brand views anymore. I think everyone is right, I just wish they thought so too.

4. ShadowChancer

ShadowChancer Tele-Holic

Apr 14, 2012
    Central Scotland
    Branding , missing the point and rock`n`roll

End of the day it`s up to you what`s cool and right . In the end it`s about the music , right ? a big thing not being factored in here by some individuals is , say you got a guy , three kids , minimum wage job , terrible conditions , struggling a bit and his wife scrimps and saves and buys him an Affinity for xmas as a surprise/treat , she scrimped and saved to get it , because she knows her man loved playing guitar back in the day . Put a value on that guitar ?? you cant , to the snob it`s a piece of firewood , to the guy its the greatest guitar made by man and every note he plays on it will be the greatest note ever heard . It`s surely our job here on the forum to help , encourage and make feel welcome ALL players regardless of gear / ability and it is our solemn duty Not to belittle or berate them for their equipment . Instead channel our energies into improving their lot , be it scraping some pencil dust into a nut groove or any other useful , productive tip Don't value / judge instruments by price point . There is a lot more to it than that . The guy in my story would get the best thing you can get from a guitar , sheer enjoyment . Is any more needed ?? Toronto nailed it , spot on man , best post by far that I`ve seen for a long time , bravo Toronto , wisdom well beyond your years , you really do get the point .

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Patrons don't know much about music or musical instruments, just basic truisms and then you addle them with alcohol.

I'm not worried about snobs; I worry about the boozy soccer grandmother who complains that the band is second rate because they don't play Fender this and Gibson that. The snobs drink Pabst Blue Ribbon now, they are on board and they like Squiers. Will you get hired for another show in August if the audience members, bottom tier, have any say in it?

Some people are old and nervous. They may be becoming aware that young people are taking over, and youngsters very often would just as soon a Squier; they've no preconceived idea it is garbage. If the old and nervous person wants to hold back the flood of youngsters making him or her feel old, what better way than to rag on Squiers?

6. ShadowChancer

ShadowChancer Tele-Holic

Apr 14, 2012
    Central Scotland
    That last post makes no sense

??????????????????????????????????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::eek::(:(:confused::confused::confused::confused:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.