Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Why Roland isn't Rock and Roll

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Cheap Trills, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Hiker

Hiker Friend of Leo's

Jul 20, 2008
    Alabama
    Not sure about the manual. Roland's touts it as pop to rock and beyond.

Perhaps, it's the best thing since microwave popcorn? :D

2. Chikubi

Chikubi TDPRI Member

Mar 3, 2017
    PA
    Most definitely it's a translation/localization bugaboo. I took a look at the Japanese manual for it just now and the same passage is in it as well, so there ya go.

One thing many folks might not be aware of is that in most well-populated areas in Japan, single-family homes aren't the norm, and apartments and condos are king, so for them it makes sense to put in the warning. My best friend and me would always get a chuckle on the weekend when we'd be playing GranTourismo 3 and drinking, and the couple next door would start getting their freak on. They were louder than the game sometimes; the walls can be pretty thin.

Cheap Trills likes this.

3. cyclopean

cyclopean Tele-Afflicted

Aug 14, 2009
    innsmouth, MA
    well, there are a lot of ways - going naked with no shades in the windows, satanic rituals on the lawn, starting a free jazz band, having a circus in your back yard ...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.