Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Why Roland isn't Rock and Roll

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Cheap Trills, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Cheap Trills

Cheap Trills Tele-Meister

May 11, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    While reading the owner's manual for my Roland GR-55 (yes, I'm lame, I read the manual), I came across this "Important Note" about not disturbing the neighbors (screenshot attached). It made me laugh... Am I crazy or is it ridiculous to include this in an owners manual for musical equipment?!?

It's like -- "We recommend headphones so you don't wake the neighbors! If you absolutely must use an amp or speaker, please ensure that it is between the hours of noon and 6pm. Never forget, the world is a library! Enjoy your new, very personal, piece of musical equipment. Sincerely, your friendly hall monitors at Roland."

Haha, I can understand stupid liability things like "Do not attempt to operate this unit while in the shower", but recommending to use gear quietly seems ridiculous.

dontwaketheneighbors.png

2. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Could that have been translated from Japanese.? A much politer people.

Ridiculous liability warning would be more of an American thing.

3. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Tele-Afflicted

Jul 26, 2008
    Sedalia, MO

4. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Tele-Afflicted

May 10, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    That's their Police Situation Advisory (PSA)!

Cheap Trills likes this.

5. notmyusualuserid

notmyusualuserid Tele-Meister

May 3, 2016
    Scotland
    While '**** the neighbours' is much more rock n roll? Glad I don't live near you :rolleyes:

6. g-Paul

g-Paul Tele-Holic

Apr 23, 2006
    Leafs Nation
    I have a folding lounge chair that came with a warning about not attempting to put it in a dryer. :)

src9000, bigbean, Piggy Stu and 7 others like this.

7. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    You would never see any signs of social civility on a Marshall or a Vox. Traynor amps, on the other hand, have a sticker that includes an apology for being too loud.

8. Cheap Trills

May 11, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    I don't know, it probably was. =)

I guess I should also mention that I'm actually very respective of my neighbors and noise levels... Just thought it was funny for this to be in an owners manual.

9. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    Return it.
    Get your Money back.

src9000, xafinity and thegeezer like this.

10. Cheap Trills

May 11, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    Yeah, whenever I see these things I assume some idiot put a folding chair in their dryer and blamed the folding chair company for their dryer breaking so the company's legal team asked them to add it to the manual

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    troy2003 likes this.

11. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    It's the new normal. You wouldn't really think you'd need to tell someone not to read or type messages while driving...but...

12. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    I always package my gear back in the box it came in for transport, finding equivalent Roland padding is nearly impossible around here. :p

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017

13. Cheap Trills

May 11, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    Yeah, I never knew this until now. I was trying to find a carry case for this thing and Roland doesn't make one. Fortunately a bunch of folks on the internet shared links for cases that fit it well so I just ordered one of those.

14. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

Aug 29, 2007
    MV, CA
    I would want a "How to disturb the neighbors" clause in my manual. That's the setting that needs refinement.

15. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Roland isn't rock n roll ?

Rock n roll isn't rock n roll anymore.

I've always felt Japan was much more polite than the US - but not "politer".

That's awkwardity.

I had my Cube 60 at practice the other day and it was very rock n roll - especially on Then She Remembers which is by some band I can't remember - ironical yes, but a fun tune to play.

16. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    WHAT???? Are they assuming that your playing won't be enjoyed by the neighbors?!?! ;)

nojazzhere and Cheap Trills like this.

17. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Tele-Afflicted

May 10, 2017
    Tucson, AZ

18. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Don't write them words! I see them and I shake with rage!

JayFreddy and troy2003 like this.

19. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Exactly. No-one can tell me not to be racist, sexist, homophobic, or just plain rude to others. This P-C thing has gone too far.

I'll turn my amp up as loud as I damn-well please. To hell with anyone who might be bothered by anything that I do. Being inconsiderate of others is my birthright.

grooveiron likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.