Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Why no Super Reverb model, even from Fender?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by DougM, Oct 6, 2017.

1. DougM

DougM Tele-Holic

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I don't understand why the greatest blues amp of all time isn't included in any modeling amps, including Fender's. It makes no sense to me!

2. Allthesound

Allthesound Tele-Afflicted

Oct 21, 2011
    Connecticut
    Both the Axe FX and Kemper have Super Reverb models & profiles. Helix has 7 new amps coming out shortly but no one knows what they are yet. Maybe a super reverb is in there :)

3. DougM

DougM Tele-Holic

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    nojazzhere likes this.

4. DougM

DougM Tele-Holic

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm too poor to know about Kemper's and such. I was speaking of the more common (and affordable) Fender Mustang, Vox, Line 6 Spider, Yamaha THR10, and similar types.

5. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    Well... That single word "model" can have different interpretations....

rich815 likes this.

6. DougM

DougM Tele-Holic

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I clearly said modeling amps, not in the title, but in the post, which you apparently didn't bother to read. The post is also in the forum on modeling amps, not tube amps. I know Fender makes a BF Super Reverb reissue.

7. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    i've read this one wrong...

rich815 likes this.

8. mitchfinck

mitchfinck Tele-Holic

Dec 7, 2015
    Stratford, Ontario
    I mean, isn't it too powerful to even really be a blues amp?
    I don't know why though.

9. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Tele-Holic

Jan 26, 2012
    Troy, MO
    I'm not up on Line 6's newer stuff but the Pod 2.0 I was borrowing for awhile had a "Blackface" model, and there were at least two different 4 x 10 open back cab models.

luckett likes this.

10. TeleFunk Man

TeleFunk Man Tele-Holic

Cause they want you to buy the "real" thing. :)

11. luckett

luckett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2011
    Just a wild guess here, but I'm thinking the beginner kid buying the $120 Mustang I is not going to be in the market for a $1500 Super Reverb.

12. luckett

luckett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2011
    ^ This, you can go between the deluxe, twin and, super sounds with a generic blackface model and switching the cabs from 1x12 to 2x12 to 4x10. There are some great tones to be found by creating Frankenamps. One of my favorites is a 4x10 tweed deluxe.

mexicanyella likes this.

13. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Tele-Holic

Jan 26, 2012
    Troy, MO
    Ha! Mix and match worked best for me too...but the model I liked to start with was the JC120, with gain and mids up pretty high. The blackface was my second favorite. My favorite cab sim with the JC model was the tweed 1 x 8"...why do you suppose Roland never made a tweed 1 x 8 JC120 for the modeling amp companies to emulate?

This is what can happen when you turn a caveman loose with even an early modeling device and that caveman commits to using his ears and not his eyes with no regard to actual physics and electronic, acoustic or marketing plausibility.

I guess some assumptions could be made here about how I like my rig's bass response to be set in relation to the mids.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    paratus likes this.

14. archetype

archetype More tone than talent Ad Free + Supporter

Jun 4, 2005
    Williamsville NY
    I don't know. Fender knows how to model BF amps and knows how to model 4 x 10" cabs like the tweed Bassman.

Perhaps they just want to keep a little mystery in their relationship with us.

15. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    Caveman's ears worked because he needed them to survive. Nowadays with everyone stuffing their ears with MP3 laden earbuds, many have lost that ability. Sounds like yours are still working for you though. :cool:

16. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Tele-Holic

Jan 26, 2012
    Troy, MO
    Ha! Caveman looks at your avatar and thinks "I bet I could catch that prairie dog easier if I leave more beers out for him..."

I like to call that "thinking with your beers."

src9000, teletimetx and xafinity like this.

17. TeleFunk Man

TeleFunk Man Tele-Holic

True, but maybe it's Fender's version of a loss leader.

18. jimash

jimash Friend of Leo's

Nov 5, 2013
    NJ
    I think it;s hard to actually model the feeling of the 4 10's.

Mike Simpson, moosie and brogh like this.

19. rich815

rich815 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I was fooled by the title too.

brogh likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.