Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Why no HW Fender RI Princeton?

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by GaryOsborne, Jul 21, 2014.

1. sbpark

sbpark Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    The West
    Funny, I took my new PRRI in to get new tubes and biased by a local tech who is also a very opinionated amp builder. HE does amazing work and he's worked on another PCB amp of mine, and have no complaints. When I went to pick it up he looked at me, shook his head and said something along the lines of, "You now, I checked out the circuit in your Princeton Reverb Reissue, and it a real Princeton. It's full of cheap, junk Chinese parts and assembled in Mexico. But with decent tubes and a better speaker you can get to around 70% of what an original sounds like...maybe!" I told him I get it, and would like an original, or one of his custom builds, but just don't have the coin to spend on one. I didn't push it any further because he can get pretty hot under the collar pretty easily and I just wanted to get my amp and go home and play!

2. Ed Storer

Ed Storer Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

May 27, 2010
    Seattle WA
    Get an Allen Sweet Spot kit and handwire it by yourself.

Great quality on the components and the design eliminates most of the potential problems of a Princeton (new or reissue).

The build isn't all that difficult as long as you take your time and inspect each conection for proper soldering.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.