Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Why in the world would a whole thread warning about predators on this site be deleted?

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by bottlenecker, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Friend of Leo's

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    If the information was not correct, shouldn't it be corrected in the thread for those of us who've already read it to see?

Are predators being allowed to use this site while you delete threads about it?

People have a right to know about this, and it's a very bad look on whoever deleted it. You could delete individual posts if they violated a rule, without it seeming like you're trying to protect predators.

2. luckett

luckett Friend of Leo's

Jun 14, 2011
  3. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

Jan 14, 2015
    Chicago
    It seems odd to me that an intelligent species of extraterrestrials would evolve with a mandible having four extra teeth that would be functionally useless. What would you use those four extra canine teeth for? They don't look like there's enough muscle there to bite through anything.

jaybones, Badger06, drf64 and 3 others like this.
  4. corliss1

corliss1 Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Sep 13, 2008
    Lansing, MI
    Ping someone direct to find out - @brogh seems to be the most active guy on here lately, when he's not crying over his Twin ;)

bottlenecker likes this.
  5. SixStringSlinger

SixStringSlinger Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 21, 2006
    Space
    They could be vestigial. Our tail bones have no function whatsoever, but they're there.

6. D_W_PGH

D_W_PGH Friend of Leo's

Aug 28, 2018
    Pittsburgh
    liability, that's why. We live in a world where you could print the truth but still be sued or threaten to be sued. You can be right and still pay a lot of money as if you're not.

7. brogh

brogh Assistant Admin Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    Admin Post
    We are aware about the thread, at least I am, this site for the best i know does not apply censorship to threads that don't violate the obvious and written rules.

It's a border thread to me, but i don't feel i can make this kind of decision alone and brought it up to the other mods.

and .. i'm not cryng on my twin, i'm just really disappointed i hate you now !:D

24 track, jackinjax and Steve Holt like this.
  8. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Meister

Feb 6, 2018
    Philadelphia, PA
    The better to eat you with. Duh.

naneek likes this.
  9. corliss1

corliss1 Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Sep 13, 2008
    Lansing, MI
    @brogh - would you be able to get us an update when you hear from them?

nojazzhere likes this.
  10. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nov 27, 2017
    USA
  11. darren7

darren7 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2009
    Toronto
    Canines aren’t for biting through anything. They’re for tearing.

12. jhundt

jhundt Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 23, 2003
    Netherlands
    I think that it is because the thread was very specific in naming and identifying individuals. This can get into some very murky territory, and lead to serious legal problems. Just because Forum Member X says somebody is a predator, it isn't necessarily true, and it is asking far too much of the forum owner/operator to verify and corroborate any claims of such.

13. brogh

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    Admin Post
    well i think you'll eventually see by yourselves ;)

Hagarno55 likes this.
  14. SixStringSlinger

May 21, 2006
    Space
    Has it even been established that these are teeth? I feel like we're assuming a lot.

Remember, we're talking aliens here. Pointy + near mouth doesn't not necessarily equal teeth.

darren7 likes this.
  15. SweetClyde99

SweetClyde99 Tele-Holic

Feb 1, 2016
    Jefferson City, MO
    I assumed they served to pull food in rather than chew it directly. Their hands are probably pretty busy most of the time, what with all the murdering/hunting, so they can probably lob a candy bar up there and let the outer teeth/pincers hold it in place while their inner teeth chew it.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    naneek, Ebidis and Badger06 like this.
  16. Aaron1061

Aaron1061 Tele-Holic

Feb 9, 2015
    Troy, AL
    They are to grip onto the flesh or victim while the inner mouth chomps away. much like an eel i think.

naneek likes this.
  17. brogh

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    Admin Post
    this is another reason, i'm really not aware of what are the legally binding rules, ( however i suppose that you're responsible about what you write ) I'm in a different country with different rules.

Steve Holt and beagle like this.
  18. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Friend of Leo's

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Forum member x stated what they were convicted for, and posted links to other sources showing evidence in one case. What's "murky" is protecting child predators, and potentially allowing them access to children on your site.
    Actually thats not murky at all for me.

19. SixStringSlinger

May 21, 2006
    Space
    For all we know they could aid in mating.

telemnemonics likes this.
  20. brogh

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    Admin Post
    well .. the thing got solved ..

beagle likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.