Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Why Cry? Home recording

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by paratus, Sep 13, 2017.

1. paratus

paratus Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    Greetings,

I wrote and recorded this song, and would like to share it with you all. Comments are appreciated.

Thanks!

Zeonoid, djh22 and AxeVictimAZ like this.

2. AxeVictimAZ

AxeVictimAZ Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2010
    Arizona
    I like it! Good recording. Bass sounds great. Nice voice and very good harmonies. Has a bit of a Beatles feel for me. Overall I'd say very well done.
    Care to divulge more details?

3. paratus

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    Thank you.....Some specifics on the rhythm section recording are in this thread....I have learned a lot in the Recording in Progress forum.

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/why-cry-mix-content-comments-appreciated.764465/

Piano is Native Instruments Grandeur. The electric guitar is a '52 AVRI using a Soft Tube vintage Brownface amp sim. The acoustics were recorded with a Superlux HD-8 LDC. Vocals were recorded with a Superlux R102 ribbon.

I can hardly sing a lick, the vocals were processed with Melodyne, then Antares auto-tune, followed up with UAD Lexicon 224 reverb, Presonus Beat Delay, and Waves ADT.

4. jimbo735

jimbo735 Tele-Holic

Sep 19, 2011
    michigan
    I liked it too.
    Very ingenious with what you used on your voice it worked very well to me.

5. paratus

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    Thanks Jimbo, thank the Lord for computers and the ability to fix it in the mix!

Where in MI?

6. Zeonoid

Zeonoid Tele-Meister

Dec 17, 2008
    Slovakia, EU
    lovely tune cant say anything wrong cause i found 95 good things on it and only 5 things to improve :D

7. paratus

Dec 2, 2010
    Michigan
    I never got a 95 score on anything!....thank you.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.