Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Why am I obsessed with nitro? Is it a huge difference?

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by GaryOsborne, Apr 21, 2015.

1. jay4321

jay4321 Tele-Meister

Apr 23, 2008
    NJ
    That's true too. Also their string cheese would probably be awful.

2. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Feb 15, 2014
    Maine
    OK ya got me. But I do like the way nitro smells.

3. Ian T

Ian T Tele-Meister

Jan 11, 2013
    Tampa Bay
    My first quality guitar was a Kramer Baretta. How I loved that guitar - still do to this day (though I wouldn't be caught dead playing it in public:lol:). I spent my teen years playing the piss out of it. I played more in those years than any phase of my life.

An impressionable youth, I'd look to Guitar For the Practicing Musician for guidance. So these are the guys I need to be listening to? Warren DeMartini? Jake E. Lee? George Lynch? How misled I was....but I digress.

I'd see these "Guitar Gods" with their spandex and feminine hair dos. Never got into the whole look of it all....but those guitars - they looked so COOL!!!

Player after player with these maple necked 80's hair metal guitars that were totally relic'd up. It looked badass!!

So I played harder and harder. Surely some day my Baretta would bear the fruits of my labor! Well, it never did.

See that poly was easily 1/4" thick and damn near indestructible. Sure, there are some ugly dings, but it just never wore off - anywhere.

This is why I like nitro.

4. jay4321

jay4321 Tele-Meister

Apr 23, 2008
    NJ
    I'm from that era, except for me it was a dark blue Kramer Striker (my 3rd axe, and what I believed at the time to be my first "real" guitar).

Read all of those guitar magazines too, and can readily play you 20 seconds worth of almost every song transcribed in them from 1989 to 1992.

5. Rano Bass

Rano Bass Tele-Holic

Mar 26, 2014
    Tijuana/San Diego
    I kinda like it too hehehe :lol:

6. Rano Bass

Rano Bass Tele-Holic

Mar 26, 2014
    Tijuana/San Diego
    Yeah I hate that too, that's the reason I refinished my jazz bass from the paint it had for 15 years (some kind of poly or single stage) to nitro lacquer, now I know its gonna wear to some degree in the next few years.
    The sound did not changed at all ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.