Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Who/What are TUSC amps?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Bill Ashton, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Bill Ashton

Bill Ashton Tele-Afflicted

Stumbled upon an amp at a yard sale today, and only with the utmost self control did it not follow me to the car. It was a brown leatherette combo, TUSC brand. Had two 12" Fane speakers and either a pair of 6L6's or EL34's for power tubes. Lotta knobs and slide switches on the front panel, lotta knobs missing(!). It was real, real cheap but just couldn't justify it (kept thinking about the $60 Rivera Fifty Five Twelve I got a couple years ago, but...).

Was TUSC the brand that Grand Funk Railroad used in the late 60's/ early '70's????

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  2. trag-o-caster

trag-o-caster R.I.P.

Mar 16, 2003
    Flushing, Michigan
    Naw, you're thinking of one of the awful West Grande amps. I've played through a bunch of West amps over the years, and never liked a one.

The TUSQ amp came out in the mid-late 80's. They're kind of a high gain shred metal machine, if I remember correctly.

3. Chris Callahan

Chris Callahan Tele-Holic

Nov 3, 2006
    Tucson AZ
    I had a Tusc in the mid eighties which was a 4x10 combo. I think it might have been sorta super reverbish. It sounded great clean. Also loud!
    My landlord accidently wired our house to 220 and it died. I miss it sometimes.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 21, 2003
    Near BWI Int'l
    Fane speakers are pricey - does the amp function? Can you get a part # off of the speakers?

If they are good 'uns, and the price is low, it might be worth it to grab it for the speakers...

The new AXIOM alnico Fanes are just under $300...

6. jh45gun

jh45gun Banned

Jan 20, 2006
    Northern WI Gods Country!
    I grab anything that is cheap at rummage sales if I feel I can use it. I would have been all over that like ugly on ape

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.