Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Who said this ? (I don't know what it means but it's funny)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Mike Eskimo, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    "I wish I could go back in time and punch Floyd Rose in the face ."

Anyone ?

2. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 12, 2011
    Snellman MN
    That's funny.
    I think about every poor dumb SOB that worked in a guitar store in the 80s said that at one time or another.

3. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 17, 2007
    Willamette and Columbia
    Some guy named Operator?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. telepicker52

telepicker52 Tele-Holic

Sep 8, 2006
    Lima, OH
    Those bridges are a pain in the rectum!!!!

6. Joe Sailor

Joe Sailor Tele-Afflicted

Jan 18, 2011
    Longmont, CO
    Who said it? Everyone who has ever owned one.

7. PapaLion

PapaLion Tele-Afflicted

Sep 19, 2010
    SW AZ
    God Bless Floyd he made ME a whole heck of a lot of $$$$.
    the most fun is when Dad comes in with the guitar, dragging the li'l urchin behind.

Dad "Son here, screwed this high tech piece of expensive equipment up by messing with it., I, in my fatherly wisdom, have restored it to ~almost~ good, Could you do the final adjustments so it will play well?"

Tech looks at the guitar the Floyd is diving into the body and two strings are broken off.

He slowly answers "Sure, Father of fathers, I will be happy to put the final adjustments to your excellent work, shop rate is $75/ hour (note that is 50% higher than normal) and I can get her just right in 2 -3 hours of work... and new strings too of course." "Sounds great huh Dad?" .

Father does not want to admit he is a moron monkey fool. "Yes, that is exactly as I had figured."

Tech "By the way, your son did nothing to it beyond try to play this malignant piece of junk, he is in no way responsible for the outcome, FR is CRAP!".

Father shakes head, kid is smiling... I've got the dough. Gosh I do love FR.

FR definition> For each action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

8. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Oh - I thought it was a sideways swipe at hair bands and their FR-equipped pointy guitars...:neutral:

9. kbraker

kbraker Tele-Meister

Nov 25, 2006
    findlay ohio
    I kinda liking the idea of wanting a pointy fr single humbucker strat style guitar

10. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Tele-Meister

Feb 19, 2011
    Georgia
  11. PennyCentury

PennyCentury Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 16, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I hate those "clamps". I bought a Jackson Dinky in a moment of shred fever. Then, I had an ESP The Mirage thrust upon me. Neither one fits my current playing style.

12. Bulldog87

Bulldog87 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 2, 2008
    Louisiana, USA
    I know that all the guitar guys at my local Guitar Center have said it... because they flatly refused to restring and work on my Floyd Rose equipped strat.

13. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity

I quite like Floyd Roses.

14. J-man

J-man Super Moderator Staff Member

Apr 25, 2004
    North Wales
    Admin Post
    Floyd Rose tremolos are cool to mess around with, but I once saw a normally cool+controlled guy driven to full-on rage attempting to tune one after restringing it. He looked ready to smash it to pieces. :D

I've never found much use for a trem, the only guitar I've owned with a working trem was a Jazzmaster, which was actually really fun to use. All my Strats have had the trems locked and everything else had a fixed bridge. I like to think I've gotten better at vibrato because of it.

15. superchicken_VI

superchicken_VI Friend of Leo's

Aug 16, 2007
    Monroe, NC
    I've had guitars with Floyds, and in general prefer my Kahler. I like having the locking nut behind a graphite nut instead of in place of it. I could always de-lock the top if I ever wanted to fix the bridge.

That said, if you want to really use the bar for a lot of funky effects, you can't beat a real Floyd or an Ibanez Edge with a back-route. I used to have an Ibanez RG340 that had a Floyd, and that thing was wonderful. Once you stretched the strings, that mofo never went out of tune. Now the only guitar I have in regular rotation with a wiggle stick is my Strat with its "vintage style synchronized vibrato".

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.