Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Who plays short scale guitars and why?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by WilburBufferson, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Tarnisher

Tarnisher Friend of Leo's

Apr 12, 2008
    Brooklyn
    I prefer a shorter scale on acoustics because it allows heavier strings for better tone but decreased tension for better playability.

For some reason I've never been able to feel at home on a Les Paul, and I think the shorter scale is a part of the reason why.

2. alexpigment

alexpigment Tele-Afflicted

Apr 2, 2008
    Austin TX
    Great video, great playing, and great tone. Maybe it's just my ears, but this doesn't sound like the typical fender amp + tube screamer sound to me. What is your setup, and are the pickups aftermarket or originals?

3. Kastrodamas

Kastrodamas TDPRI Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Central Texas
    Yes and no. I think the muddiness has something to do with the "ghost fret", ie proverbial 27th fret, that's not actually there; but the neck pu has to be placed in relation to where this fret should reside. The hot pole on the bucker moves the actual coil closer to the headstock. Now you've got me to thinking... The harmonics are still going to be in the same places in relation to scale length, regardless of how short or long it is; I would think.

4. amileaway

amileaway TDPRI Member

Feb 10, 2008
    UK

Haha! Post of the week.

5. Teleblooz

Teleblooz Tele-Afflicted

Mar 18, 2006
    Hillsboro, OR

6. Teleblooz

Teleblooz Tele-Afflicted

Mar 18, 2006
    Hillsboro, OR
    Great image Boris!:lol:

7. portugal

portugal Tele-Meister

Feb 8, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Ahhh, we're not that bad are we :twisted:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.