Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Who Makes the best Telecaster necks?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by sricabla, Oct 25, 2010.

1. donh

donh Tele-Afflicted

Apr 25, 2010
    Oh Aich Ten
    USACG - they are easy to talk with and very accommodating and have good tone as their primary target. I'm thrilled with the necks I have purchased from them - only had one that needed a single fret reworked.

I have a Warmoth neck here just waiting for the right bonfire to toss that tone-sucking POS onto. It oughta burn real nice, tho!

2. Chuck Ellis

Chuck Ellis TDPRI Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Knoxville, TN
    Not to hijack a good Tele thread....But I can only hope it will start in 10 months.....

3. drf64

drf64 Friend of Leo's

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    If it's a tele or strat neck, Send it to me. I'll pay shipping. PM me if interested.

dan

4. BobbyMac

BobbyMac TDPRI Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Texas
    In the aftermarket, I like AllParts for the best value, and Musikraft for upscale special orders...

5. Maxwell Street

Maxwell Street Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2009
    chicago usa
    Musikraft....dial in your own specs.

6. Bardenstruck

Bardenstruck Tele-Meister

Feb 16, 2009
    Midwest, USA
    Musikraft. Their products got soul.

7. donh

donh Tele-Afflicted

Apr 25, 2010
    Oh Aich Ten
    you SURE? It's Padouk (kinda reddish wood) and has a zero fret. French polish finish, well-leveled frets, and some of the worst tone known to man - it's HEAVY (a dual truss rod and a 3/8" thick ebony fretboard). I'd hate to consider the pain it brought to me was being propagated upon another - I might even LIKE you, and then where would we be?

8. Maxwell Street

Maxwell Street Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2009
    chicago usa
    might make a great weapon...

9. drf64

drf64 Friend of Leo's

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    Sure! Padauk is a pain in the butt to mount hardware in, but I actually think it can have decent tone. I'll take it! I'll send you a pm.

dan

10. DOGGONE

DOGGONE Tele-Meister

Jun 21, 2009
    Massachusetts USA
    Tele neck?......Fender

11. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    I have used 2 Allparts TMO-fat necks with no problems... and I have another one for the next project.

El Tele Lobo likes this.

12. Bud Veazey

Bud Veazey Tele-Holic

Aug 3, 2010
    Lawrenceville, GA
    I use Musikraft necks on most of my custom builds. The quality is consistently high and the wood selections are very good. Musikraft sells some of their necks on Ebay so it's possible to get an occasional bargain. Here's my latest guitar. It has a Musikraft medium "C" neck and a Jeff Neville body.

Attached Files:

13. gmann

gmann Friend of Leo's

May 7, 2008
    Okinawa, Japan
    The last 2 necks I bought were Musikraft. They were both excellent. One was an Express neck and the other was a large V based on Broadcaster #187.
    The body I used I got fm Marc Rutters @ www.ruttersguitars.com. He recently informed me that he now makes necks. Based on the quality of the body I got fm him my next neck will be fm Marc. He can do any back profile, any radius, any fret size that you need. He can do rosewood fingerboard necks too. This is not on his website yet but if you email him I'm sure he can hook you up.

14. donh

donh Tele-Afflicted

Apr 25, 2010
    Oh Aich Ten
    or burn nice and long ...

15. soul-o

soul-o Tele-Afflicted

Jan 29, 2007
    Boston
    Fender makes some nice ones.

16. BGTele

BGTele Tele-Afflicted

May 6, 2008
    West New Jersey
    Bud Veazey, that guitar is stunning! Are those Fralin pickups?

17. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Tucson, AZ

My absolute favorite aftermarket neck is the Allparts TMO-Fat necks.

El Tele Lobo likes this.

18. Bud Veazey

Bud Veazey Tele-Holic

Aug 3, 2010
    Lawrenceville, GA
    They are Bill Lawrence Keystones. I started using these pickups after seeing so many positive comments here on the forum.

The finish was an experiment. The color coat was tinted nitrocellulose, but I oversprayed it with clear nitro in which I mixed some pearl powder. Although the powder was white, it gave the nitro a blue tint when sprayed, resulting in the unusual color. (The label on the powder said "blue ghost". That should have been a tip off. Duh!) This was my first use of the pearl additive. If I had it to do over again I would have mixed in less powder. At some angles the edges of the guitar look a little "milky."

Oddly, the underlying pearl coat makes the finish look more satin than glossy even though the top coats are polished gloss nitro. Every guitar is a learning experience. I'm going to play with the pearl additive on some upcoming builds.

19. jlott

jlott Tele-Meister

Feb 9, 2010
    TAYLOR, MI

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.