Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Who Makes the best Telecaster necks?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by sricabla, Oct 25, 2010.

1. sricabla

sricabla TDPRI Member

Jul 11, 2010
    San Francisco
    The neck of a guitar has to be just right for the guitar player. It has to be able to take humidity changes, banging around and be comfortable for the player. What neck manufacturing company crafts the best necks including great fret jobs and finishing?

Thanks

2. Lerb21

Lerb21 Friend of Leo's

Dec 10, 2007
    New Florence, PA
    To be frank, that's all a matter of opinion.

Warmoth, Mighty Mite, and USA Custom Guitars are good places to start looking.

3. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 4, 2007
    New Jersey

4. chillman

chillman Tele-Afflicted

Dec 6, 2009
    Florida
    Look at Musikraft and Guitar Mill too.

I've used Warmoth and Mighty Mite, both nice necks. Musikraft does the historically accurate thing very well.

5. winny pooh

winny pooh Friend of Leo's

Jan 24, 2006
    South London
    You will get an adequate neck from any of those companies. I ordered from Musikraft because you can build a neck from the ground up and pick every option, like a modern c with tall narrow fret wire and vintage nut width & custom dot spacing etc. I would have gone for allparts because of cost (Warmoth always seems a bit too pricey for a full custom piece) but they had set options and no upgrades for flame or birdseye. The neck I got was beyoootiful and the finish was fantastic, better in fact than on any tele I have ever seen. Not the cheapest but I wasn't willing to compromise.

6. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    I often use USACG... Tommy and Rob are always ready to accommodate.... Superb quality too.

Ron Kirn

7. LarryM

LarryM Tele-Holic

Feb 27, 2010
    TeleTown
    Musikraft has the best options

Blue Bill likes this.

8. JBennett

JBennett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 23, 2008
    Cold Spring, NY

9. mrmorrison

mrmorrison Tele-Afflicted

Oct 7, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ron, what happened to your gator? :lol:

+1, I love Musikraft.

10. cowardm

cowardm Tele-Holic

Nov 3, 2009
    Chattanooga, TN
    Undoubtedly USACG.

Peckhammer likes this.

11. USACG -- I've bought necks from several places, beginning with Warmoth in the early '80s. I really do agree that it's a matter of opinion, because so many have the options and equipment now to make just about anything you want. My vote goes to USACG, though, as those guys have been the nicest to deal with, along with 100% quality parts. On one issue I just add to talk to a real person about some measurements, and Tommy was there to solve it.

12. chillman

chillman Tele-Afflicted

Dec 6, 2009
    Florida
    I wonder if it has something to do with 3 losses in a row, including to f%$^ing Mississippi State! :confused::mad::oops:

john kleeman likes this.

13. aunchaki

aunchaki Friend of Leo's

Mar 12, 2006
    Central New York
    If you're interested in resale value: Fender.

14. bossaholic

bossaholic Friend of Leo's

Aug 4, 2008
    Maui
    I've had great necks from both Warmoth and Musikraft. I wanted to buy from Tommy at USACG, but unfortunately they don't have an easy ordering system and I ended up playing phone tag with him. I do love the alternate headstock design on USACG though.

Right now I order exclusively from the guys at Musikraft. Scott is great, answers emails promptly and you can custom order via email and they'll get it right. Pretty quick and easy and their necks are top notch.

15. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Tucson, AZ

16. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

I like both mine--one from Warmoth, one from Musikraft--very much. Like bossaholic, I would have ordered from USAGC, but couldn't crack the ordering code.

Might try me a CWK one of these builds soon, now that I think of it! :D

17. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

May 1, 2003
    Jacksonville, FL
    Yup.... I was talking with my Cardiologist today, he's a BullDawg.... we agreed, we're playin' each other this weekend for the "who gives a hoot" bowl.....

Ahhhh, football season starts in 10 months..... can't wait.....

rk

18. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 8, 2007
    Norfolk UK

19. Fletcher

Fletcher TDPRI Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Watauga, Texas
    Now days, with all the options available, the general quality of modern manufacturers, I'd say you build the best neck. Just ask for the one you will be happy with. The free market at work!!

20. ITSGOTQUACK

ITSGOTQUACK Banned

Oct 10, 2010
    Mesquite, NV
    I like Modulus and Moses necks.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.