Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Who makes the best inexpensive tele copy ?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by relic@$ter, Jan 15, 2013.

1. bluej66

bluej66 NEW MEMBER!

Jan 14, 2013
    ohio
    I have several of the SX guitars and they are very nice. They were recommended by a friend who works at a guitar store, who knew i was on a budget, and who told me "they couldnt match them with anything in the store at that pricepoint" . He, and another friend, both said the SX were nicer than squier budget line guitars. FWIW. jw

2. BB

BB Friend of Leo's

May 17, 2003
    Great Pacific NW
    The SX's, Douglass' and GFS are all darn good deals, but in my humple onion, nothing out there can compaer to Jerry Littlejohns 'Trapper T's. They are the absolute best, cheap tele clones I've seen. How he does it for $68.75 shipped is way beyond me..

3. relic@$ter

relic@$ter Tele-Meister

Jan 15, 2013
    Gardner,MA
    Whoa! Googled the name...but no luck finding em...but what's the web address?!?

4. BB

BB Friend of Leo's

May 17, 2003
    Great Pacific NW
    It is www.ibepullinyerleg.com

5. relic@$ter

relic@$ter Tele-Meister

Jan 15, 2013
    Gardner,MA

6. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

Nov 3, 2003
    North Louisiana around Many
    Looks innocent enough! Got a Golden Age neck and Dimarzio bridge PU. Frets have been dressed and are nice with smooth edges and all. Rewired and Shielded with Stu-Mac kits. I would say its tone and playability rivals any tele I have played and it's quiet>>>>:p
    Platefire

Attached Files:

7. relic@$ter

relic@$ter Tele-Meister

Jan 15, 2013
    Gardner,MA
    So lots of votes for squire cv but no votes for mim...would you take your squire over a mim? Any mim love out there?

8. mtjo62

mtjo62 Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2008
    StatesVegas, NC
    Last I checked, my CV50 had Telecaster on the head stock. I don't consider it to be a copy, just Squier's version.

9. unccivil

unccivil Tele-Meister

Aug 5, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    I would not take my squierCV50s over an MIM...I've been trying for a while to trade the CV straight up for an MIM and can't seem to get anyone to bite.

10. JDRNoPro

JDRNoPro Friend of Leo's

Aug 13, 2007
    ME
    Yes, I would pick any of my CV's over any of my MIM's but as mjto62 noted, both say "telecaster" on the headstock......and both are FMIC products...............and therefore I don't consider them "copies" either. For non FMIC and cheap, I have to say SX products are decent for little money and can be made darn good with little to moderate work and upgrades.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013

11. relic@$ter

relic@$ter Tele-Meister

Jan 15, 2013
    Gardner,MA
    Any thing else like SX and gfs?!? SX seems to be the most inexpensive I've seen...

12. old guitar player

old guitar player Tele-Afflicted

Mar 7, 2007
    the basement

This.

My CV 50's BSB is probably the best $240 I ever spent. :D

13. BB

BB Friend of Leo's

May 17, 2003
    Great Pacific NW
    Yes, it was meant as a joke. I apologize for the offense.

14. iowacarver

iowacarver Tele-Meister

May 15, 2012
    IOWA
    I have a Fender MIM tele, Squire CV 50, Squire CV Thin line and my wife gave me a Douglas Gravity Bound Tele for Christmas. The MIM tele is superior in all ways to all except the pups. The ceramics just done cut it but love the neck etc, Its my favorite now with the GFS 63 pro Bridge Pup in it. The Squire CV,s are awesome and sound great. The Douglas needed a new nut and a fret level .....but its a good player but got as much as a Squire in it which play well out of the box. All of them needed set up, nut adjusted and properly intonated. For tele knockoff....I vote Squire..but I still consider them Fenders.

Corey

15. tweeddeluxe

tweeddeluxe Tele-Afflicted

Mar 16, 2003
    MD
    It made me laugh.

16. bender-freak

bender-freak Friend of Leo's

I bit, too. A tele for $68??? Yeah, I'm gonna look.....:eek::lol::oops:

17. relic@$ter

relic@$ter Tele-Meister

Jan 15, 2013
    Gardner,MA
    Haha no offense taken but you did get my hopes up! I was thinking to myself..."I'll take three of em and have a back up for my back up"

18. moore60

moore60 NEW MEMBER!

Dec 17, 2012
    kentucky
    Teler-feller

I have a Squier Classic Vibe with Bare Knuckle Yardbirds pu's and it is incredible. I sanded the finish off the neck and it plays amazing. And I also own a Ron Kirn tele so you can bet I know a good one.

19. Vintagebrit

Vintagebrit Tele-Holic

Here in the United Countries of Great Britain, we get Guitars made by Westfield. I haven't got one of their Tele's but have 2 of their Strats, a Purple one bought about 6 weeks ago secondhand but unused for £34 (with an Amp!!), the other was my daughters Pink one that cost £79 new about 5 years ago that I added Tone Riders Pick Ups to.
    The Pink one gets used for gigging as Brit Pubs are cosy and i don't mind if it picks up the odd war wound. It sounds great, stays in tune and looks the part.
    http://www.westfieldguitar.co.uk/westfield/prod_search.asp?range=Westfield&category=Electric
    Any one here in UK got one?

20. relic@$ter

relic@$ter Tele-Meister

Jan 15, 2013
    Gardner,MA
    Bare knuckle yardbirds huh? How much that run ya? On a squire? Wow I guess they are that good! Yeah Ron kirn is the fckn man!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.