Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Who loves cats?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Steve Ouimette, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Steve Ouimette

Steve Ouimette Tele-Holic

Aug 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I know this is the Bad "Dog" Cafe, but I wonder if we've got any other cat fans here. We've got 5 in our family and they're constantly entertaining us. 2 boys, 3 girls, all separated by 3 years ranging from 3-15.

For some reason we got into taking pics of the cats yawning. Probably because they look so RAWK!

Here's Jasmine (gray) and Winston (sort of a mix of colors).

How about you???
    IMG_3648.jpeg IMG_3663.jpeg

2. Milspec

Milspec Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2016
    Nebraska
    I grew up on a farm that was loaded with stray cats. They would never come up to you, but as a 4 year old kid I often tried to find them. I found one with a litter of kittens and picked one up. Shortly after that, the mother moved all the kittens except the one that I touched. I tried to put it back with the other kittens, but the Mother kept moving the litter when I did and always left behind the one that I touched. I asked my Mother why and she told me that the cat smelled me on the kitten and no longer believes it is hers...and that the kitten will die. I felt horrible so I kept the kitten in my bedroom and fed it milk through an eye dropper for a week. When it first opened its eyes, it saw me and imprinted me as its Mother.

For the next 7 years, we became the original Calvin and Hobbes and were inseperable. He walked me to the bus and was waiting at the curb when I returned from school...it never left my side and slept in my bed. Then one day he just looked up at me with a sad look and walked away, never seen him again. It was also at that time I discovered that I was allergic to cats. Until my cat (tigger) disappered, they thought I just had bad hay-fever all those years.

I really miss that cat and find them all to be a bunch of retarded piles of fuzz that were born to be comedy relief. I often think about adopting one, but since I am allergic and my house is often full of chemicals and cleaning equipment for my business, I figure it would be bad idea for both of us.

Those are great pictures, by the way.

tintag27, MrHamburger, CFFF and 16 others like this.

3. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    I am a devout dog person. This means that every cat within 1/4mile wants to sit on my lap. SOMETIMES, if no one is looking, I like to pet them:p

tintag27, MadJack, Frodebro and 12 others like this.

4. Downshift

Downshift Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2006
    Arizona
    We love cats in my house. We have five of them.

And we love other animals as well. Two dogs, two parrots, a desert tortoise

5. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Love cats. We got really low on cats and finally lost our last one a couple years ago. There is a neighborhood cat that sleeps on a bench out behind my house and everyone knows him and takes care of him. His name's Snapper and our neighbor next door pays for all his vet visits and shots. He got his name because if you stop petting him he will give you a little love nip to correct you.

He's cool. Everyone I talk to really likes him and thinks he's very respectful of others.

6. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Cats are cool...despite what some macho dogs figure...I like all them critters!

7. matrix

matrix Tele-Meister

Apr 13, 2016
    Vancouver, BC
    Unashamed cat person here. My two rescue kitties (7 and 8 yrs) are my best friends in the world. Madly different personalities, both awesome.

They also both dig guitar time and like to hang out when I play.

8. Bob Womack

Bob Womack Tele-Meister

[​IMG]

Here's Oreo. He was my friend, companion, and studio cat for eighteen years. Gone six years. No guitar case was safe if left open. He slept every night between my ankles. My two Labrador retrievers, Boo! and Zoe', still look for him whenever they go upstairs where he lived.

Bob

flathd, MrHamburger, CFFF and 12 others like this.

9. jimash

jimash Friend of Leo's

Nov 5, 2013
    NJ
    We've had a lot of cats. The last real one, was 21 when she finally keeled over.
    Now we feed about 4 that hang around, and when it gets cold they come in and sleep under the bed.
    There's two that I would adopt for real but they think I want to eat them or something.

10. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan

11. SURF

SURF Tele-Holic

Jan 23, 2010
    Moscow
    Cats love me too.

12. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sep 11, 2016
    Jacksonville
    I never really disliked cats, just always had dogs.
    Mrs injax loves her cats and I love Mrs injax, so....
    We live with four cats. Sweep, vacuum, and dust all you want, and often as you can; you're still going to have hair bunnies, dust and litter everywhere.
    Here's our bedroom buddy, Callie, a ten year old tabby. She's a sweetheart. IMG_0390.jpg

MadJack, CFFF, TeleAndSG and 9 others like this.

13. sammy123

sammy123 Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    MKE
    I love them. I've had my first and only cat since 2007 and we just lost my wife's cat in November. She was 17 and had lost a leg to cancer in 2010...sassy and sweet up until the end.

CFFF, El Tele Lobo, SURF and 5 others like this.

14. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    Our current cat herd is three.

We'd had two cats for quite a while, then adopted a third, Chaz. Chaz was my brother in law's cat, and we took him in when my brother in law got too sick to take care of him. Chaz was a rough character, but over time he calmed down a lot, and eventually decided I was his property. Despite his being a challenging character in a lot of ways, I was really sad when we had to do the inevitable. He was somewhere between 17 and 21 years old, we were never really sure.

We found ourselves down to one cat, and my wife wanted to adopt a kitten. There's a local rescue group that does regular adopt a pet events, and we've adopted from them before. The short version of a long and embarrassing story is that my wife and those women ganged up and rolled me... we adopted two kitten sisters. They're about two years old now, and neither has much to do with me. All three are friendly at a distance, but right at the moment I don't have a lap kitty.

15. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    I miss my cats.

El Tele Lobo, SURF, Bruxist and 2 others like this.

16. Felino

Felino Tele-Meister

Apr 28, 2016
    Belgrade

17. jimbo735

jimbo735 Tele-Holic

Sep 19, 2011
    Michigan
    We always have two to keep the house active!

william tele likes this.

18. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Cats watch you. Then when you get sick and like pass out they will EAT you! A lot of people don't know this but a half grown cat can eat a fully grown fat man!

drlucky and william tele like this.

19. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    This is Angus... One of four...
    hanging out.JPG

MadJack, oldfish, CFFF and 10 others like this.

20. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    cat4.jpg Ya always. Have 2 Maine coons now before that Burmin/tonk mix

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.