Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Who is working on Christmas?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dented, Dec 21, 2014.

1. fenderfan

fenderfan Tele-Afflicted

Mar 21, 2003
    Denver
    Off until Jan. 2, and very thankful for that...

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

3. telepicker52

telepicker52 Tele-Holic

Sep 8, 2006
    Lima, OH

4. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    Man, if only I could live that dream........lol. Working heroes you are. And some.......zzzzzer's awesome.

5. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2014
    down every road
    Count me in. I work seven on/seven off graveyard shift at a hospital and the holidays just flipped back to where Thanksgiving and Christmas fall on my rotation...however, I can play on New Year's Eve without having to find coverage for the next few years!

I don't mind working. I have no family locally and I'm reluctant to accept invites from friends or coworkers, I'm just that way. However, I just began dating someone again and I might take her up on the holiday invitations...not sure yet.

In any event, I want to thank all of you for having me as a member and helping me find so very many solutions to Tele/amp/sound system issues. This is truly a great place to be.

May everybody have a safe and wonderful holiday season.

6. dented

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    I work in a hospital ER also. Thanks for doing what you do. Have a wonderful holiday and you give some of the best presents ever.

7. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

I worked a couple of Christmases after I was divorced but that was a choice I made when I knew I wouldn't be seeing the kids/adults. Most years I'd scheduled vacation last 2 weeks of December. Both my parents worked most holidays because they had no choice. Tried to make up for that.

8. dented

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    My Mom and Dad also worked through the holidays. I'll never forget that also. Have a nice holiday and thanks.

9. wutmornin

wutmornin Tele-Holic

Nov 18, 2012
    Oregon
    I work 4 tens and the way the calendar fell this year would have had me working christmas eve day and then going back on friday, also new years eve day and then the following friday again.

Saw that one coming when we got our 2014 calendars last december and grabbed the fridays off. Then the whole company started realising what was coming and asked for the days of the two eves off en mass so we all got those handed to us out of the goodness of our great employers.

I showed my gratitude by scheduling just 2 more days off and I get 2 full weeks off, first time ever.

do the math- 40 hours from my vacation pay equals 2 weeks and 3 weekends with no work responsibilities. Merry christmas, ho ho ho!

10. LKB3rd

LKB3rd Friend of Leo's

Jan 10, 2013
    CT
    I am on call. I work for the phone company as a repair technician.

11. Tele Convert

Tele Convert Tele-Holic

Apr 1, 2013
    Illinois
    Not this guy. Big yellow tractor company doesn't do crap the last two weeks of the year. Working today and tomorrow, but there's no one around, so production may be a little on the lean side...don't come back til Jan 5.

12. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2012
    New Mexico
    I do. I work in a cheese plant, and the cows don't stop giving milk just because it's Christmas.

13. J Hog

J Hog Tele-Holic

Oct 18, 2009
    Norwood Ohio
    This is the first Christmas I've haven't worked in two years. I was terminated from that job in January. I volunteered to work on Christmas so my co-workers with kids could be with them. I'm not missing it at all!!! I worked in customer service in a call center. On holidays we had a client that only used us on holidays, that had the MOST SCREWED UP CUSTOMER DATABASE!!! We would have customers upset with us because we couldn't find them.

14. dented

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    Well, those who work are needed, for those who don't you are blessed.
    For those of you who need a job, we wish you all the best.

Happy Holidays to you who work through it all.

15. Joe Baggadonitz

Joe Baggadonitz Friend of Leo's

Apr 8, 2003
    this side of hell
    I'll be working a short day on Christmas Day. Christmas morn. will be family time but I will have to leave until 6pm. I'll come home and wifey will have a fine Christmas feast waiting.

16. CancerLeoCam

CancerLeoCam Friend of Leo's

Jul 20, 2005
    OC, CA
    Yes, I'll be working on new amps on Christmas.
    Dario G. Gomez

17. Danomo

Danomo Tele-Holic

Mar 31, 2014
    Chicago
    I work midnights, servicing equipment in a public safety dispatch center (radio mostly). As "electronic firemen", we technically don't have lunches (have to drop it for calls), and while we receive holiday pay, we don't actually get the holiday off. Because of leap years, working Xmas/New years usually results in getting it off two years every seven years, followed by getting it off once in the next 7 year cycle. I usually take a vacation day the day after so I can have Christmas night with the family.
    I won't have it off for another three years.

Joy

18. Kennedycaster

Kennedycaster Tele-Afflicted

Apr 5, 2009
    Mesa, AZ
    I'm glad you're back in production Dario! Your amps are killer! I'm supposed to be taking Christmas eve & Christmas off, but I'll probably find my way to the shop to work on a couple guitar builds I have to get out. The shop is also full of antique furniture I need to repair/restore.

Bob

19. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's

Apr 26, 2011
    Nederland, CO
    Got paged in to a problem last night. Fortunately it was only an hour.

Carl

20. CancerLeoCam

CancerLeoCam Friend of Leo's

Jul 20, 2005
    OC, CA
    Thanks Bob!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.