Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Who is the absolute best guitar player you've ever seen play live?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Big_Bend, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Sjnoring

Sjnoring Tele-Afflicted

Jan 26, 2017
    USA
    I met my second now ex wife at work but we started a relationship when I went to her house to give her a drum lesson and ended up staying the night.

I met my first wife at church but she's very musical. She plays piano and sings very well. I started on the guitar with a chord sheet and her Morris acoustic. I played that guitar in church once and a lady said "I didn't know you're a virtuoso." I should have told her it's a sin to go to church high. Looking back I think she was hitting on me. But then that could be my huge guitarist ego imagining things. I'm convinced every woman who hears me play wants to have sex with me. But that may be to get me to stop playing.

Musicians are good at working their way into bad relationships. But then again so are most people. It is a statistical fact that the majority of marriages end up unhappy. Which is why there will be no third for me. I'm in a committed monogamous relationship (with a musical woman), and I'm glad we won't need lawyers if we decide to go our separate ways. Unlike marriage, where you're locked in, a relationship where either person can leave at any time requires commitment. Which is difficult for a flaky dark depressive mercurial moody oversensitive musician who struggles with monogamy.

Oh wow I have totally forgotten the point.

2. Sjnoring

Sjnoring Tele-Afflicted

Jan 26, 2017
    USA
    I never saw him but at least by what you see on YouTube he's as old as dirt and just as good as he was in 1975. He'll never recreate the magic he had with Jimmy Dewar though.

3. Tsquared

Tsquared TDPRI Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Florida
    Rodrigo Sanchez.

4. JORear

JORear Tele-Meister

Jun 11, 2017
    Alabama
    I have seen Gilmore and Eddie Van Halen, but the one the impressed me most was Michael Angelo Batio. Saw him at a Washburn clinic in 1992ish. I have never seen someone's hand moving so fast it was a blur. I don't like his type of music but he is an awesome player. I left that day thinking, there is no way a person can play like that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.