Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Who is playing guitar with Wilson Pickett?

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Gin Mill Cowboy, Apr 17, 2017.

1. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    OK, we have another prospect. Are we all good on Skip Pitts? LOL

This is kinda what I was getting when I posted that so many great musicians were involved in producing and recording southern soul that who did what isn't always an easy question.

2. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    I know Pickett moved around a lot during the early years of his career working with The Falcons before becoming a singles artist and then recording with several producers and in different studios with a varied group of backup musicians as time went on. That may be why it's tougher to tell who played what when. You almost need to look at each song and each album for that.

I can't really address the rest but I seem to recall he had some alcohol issues later in his life that led to some problems. Maybe Wiki will have some answers for you on the other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilson_Pickett

3. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.