Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Who is not gigging NYE?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Big_Bend, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Well our NYE gig fell thru, darn. :confused: But at least I'm spending some leisure time with the wife, which is good!

Anybody else not gigging tonight? What you doing?

Happy New Years ya'll! May 2013 be very kind to everybody. Take care....

2. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity

I haven't gigged at ALL for over a decade. Sometimes I miss it, sometimes I'm glad I'm not doing it anymore.

3. J Hog

J Hog Tele-Meister

I work as a customer service rep in a call center that operates 24/7. I didn't know I was going to get tomorrow off until about a month ago. By then it was too late to book anything solid for tonight. I tried to find last minute sub gigs to no avail. So here I am at home, sweet home. I have a selection of Samuel Smith's for the evening, don't want to get out with the amateurs tonight, besides I only drink one a year and thats at home. Listening to music online tonight. WSM has a live Old Crow Medicine Show concert on... MAN I've had about all the "Wagon Wheel" I cann take for a while. So I'm listening to jazz.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. DrumBob

DrumBob -------------------------

I'm home tonight, but it's rare when I am on NYE. It just wasn't my turn to play tonight with The Kootz, and the guys in my band didn't want to work tonight at all. Its OK. I'm tired anyway, and my stomach feels a bit weird after all this holiday eating. I'll go to bed after the ball drops.

6. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

I am sitting on the couch where I am not moving. I don't like screwing around with the bar scene on holidays unless there is a really good show.

7. cowboytwang

cowboytwang Poster Extraordinaire

After decades of NYE gigs I've realized a few things I can do without, three of them are loud noises, bright flashing lights, and big crowds of drunk people.
    So I try to get out of playing New Years gigs, or at least get very selective on what ones I do take.

This year I'm sittin at home with the dogs, and I would rather be here than just about any place else.

8. regularslinky

regularslinky Tele-Holic

Between 1984 and 2002 I gigged almost every nye. Hated every one even thought the money was relatively good. Glad to be home tonight with the family.

9. babalooga

babalooga Tele-Holic

Not a big fan of NYE, way too many drunks on the road. I spent mine with my beautiful bride of 37 years, rather than play for a bunch of people who won't even remember the night before. :mrgreen:

10. swellsmd

swellsmd Tele-Meister

Never gig on NYE unless it is really lucrative. Hard to fing that for a blues band around here.

11. chilipepper205

chilipepper205 Tele-Meister

Not me. In fact, I didn't even stay up till midnight.

12. GigsbyBoyUK

GigsbyBoyUK Friend of Leo's

I did but really wish I hadn't. Stupid punters...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.