Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Who is Jeff Beck's Hot Bass Player?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bswailes, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bswailes

Bswailes Tele-Holic

May 13, 2003
    Amish Country, PA
    Good God, on the Crossroads video I thought Jeff Beck's bassist was 14, at first look. Then she started playing - great guns - she can absolutely play that thing!

(Quite the hottie, too). Am I in trouble now?:D

2. bruce

bruce Tele-Meister

Apr 26, 2003
    Well, she's not really 14, so I guess you're not in trouble.

http://www.myspace.com/talwilkenfeld

3. Dana

Dana Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Ashland, Ma
    The best thing is that she's playing with good musicians like Jeff Beck and Wayne Krantz, and not auditioning for american idol.

4. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Bakersfield Ca.
    Chick Corea and the Allman Bros too.

She is 21.

She was the best player at the whole show I thought.

5. Pete Galati

Pete Galati R.I.P.

Mar 25, 2006
    I just finished watching a couple youtube clips because of that other current thread. She's got little tiny fingers! And looks like a little kid out there too. She really has a feel for the instrument, so I'd say she belongs out there with guys like Jeff Beck.

6. Brewboy

Brewboy Tele-Holic

Aug 19, 2005
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    I was blown away. Quite the musician! My first thought was who's that kid playing with Beck?!

7. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Bakersfield Ca.
    She started on guitar but switched to bass. She has only been playing BASS 3-4 years.

8. aznxtasy341

aznxtasy341 Tele-Holic

May 29, 2006
    chicago
    i was at crossroads in toyota park. Beck was the best act by far, and the longest, i think an hour or so.

it was amazing for me, i was in the very front of the stage, where they didnt allow blankets or even sitting down. It was nerve wrecking to stand up for 8 hours, but god was it worth it... clapton.. BB king, Jeff Beck, Jimmy vaughn.. all no less than 10 feet away from me

9. reverbbb

reverbbb Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2003
    Just Plano, Texas
    That might be to make up for the fact that at the Dallas Crossroads, JB only got to play two short songs and EC was featured for 60% of that. Many, many folks speculated that JB left the stage with a broken friendship. In Dallas, JB was only on stage for 12 minutes tops.

We can only speculate about the tension that might have caused. JB was not even featured on any of the Dallas DVD. I think it was only fair that the 'best musician' (IMO) was allowed to play for an hour in Chicago.

Sounds like you had as good or better of a view as Brutablues did when he saw the Dallas show.

10. wbm68

wbm68 Tele-Meister

Nov 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    JB was not even featured on any of the Dallas DVD:

Incorrect, he was on the Dallas DVD!!! Of course you only saw his guitar and one hand for about 2 seconds and only heard about 3 notes, but there he was.
    It's right in the beginning and some great playing too.

11. franchelB

franchelB Friend of Leo's

Sep 25, 2005
    Irving, United States of Texas!
    She looked like she's 16!:oops:

12. reverbbb

reverbbb Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2003
    Just Plano, Texas
    I am aware of the start of the DVD. But I still say he was not featured. ZZ Top on the other hand got to play for over an hour. I know that ZZ Top is a Texas legend and all, but many of us Texans have seen ZZ Top several times. It is very rare when JB comes to town. We were let down.

13. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 13, 2004
    Garden City, KS

14. Bswailes

Bswailes Tele-Holic

May 13, 2003
    Amish Country, PA
    First day with my new brain!

HeeHee! As soon as I had posted, I saw the content here: Tal Wilkenfield. I was a day late, a dollar short. As usual.

I dunno, but sorta reminded me of the original cover of a certain Blind Faith album. (I think).
    You remember, the young thang holding her shiny airplane?

"But dad, I SWEAR she said she wuz 18!":rolleyes:

15. bluetele54

bluetele54 Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    ...Tal's sweet!!!...

...I saw her about 8 month's ago at "Jerry's Deli" in Studio City,CA...she really didn't offer up much about what she was up to other than her left hand was having some physical issues,'cause this woman is OBESSED with being great!!!,and she practice's constantly,AND is EXTREMELY driven...about 5 years ago she attended LAMA in Pasadena,CA to study bass,and I was a guitar player for a "blues bass" class she was a student in...it was obvious at the time that she had an idea that she was "badass",and frankly,she was...she's a real sweetheart,and we always greet each other with a smile...I'm stunned that she's playing with JB so soon,as well as all the strong NYC play-azz she's currently working with,but it's not surprising...I found her myspace site,and I'm a "friend"...I just hope she has a strong support system,and doesn't get overwhelmed by the business...I saw the trio pix with her and JB and Vinnie,and she had this MASSIVE stack behind her...must be fun,hope it is...you GO girl!!!...

16. reverbbb

reverbbb Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2003
    Just Plano, Texas
    Great story bluetele54.

And yes Bswailes, I do remember the Blind Faith album and I definately see a casual resemblance. But that cover girl is bound to be in her 50s now.

17. Hockey Rocker

Hockey Rocker Former Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Gone
    Would it be sexist to promote a mud-wrestling match between Adrian Belew's bass player and Jeff Beck's?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Julie Slick, Belew's bassist, is a great talent. I think she's 21. Her younger brother Eric kicks ass on the drums too.

18. wbm68

wbm68 Tele-Meister

Nov 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was being sarcastic. Believe me, I share your feelings about this. It was really a disappointment that he was not featured.

19. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 10, 2003
    White Mountains
    We've been "talkin' Tal" since PBS aired the show.
    I know a lot of Bass Players who are doing a lot of thinking and reflecting too.
    I believe this little girl has raised "the bar" to a new level that has to become the standard.
    Kudos to PBS for showcasing actual performers who actually PLAYED their Instruments and are actually TALENTED!!!!!!!!!!
    What a concept.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.