Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Who has only one guitar? and it's a Telecaster...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by teleblueman, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    I only has one. It's not a Tele.

2. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Holic

My Tele was my only guitar for years. Once I started gigging I bought a second (Strat).

3. Revelation

Revelation Tele-Meister

Aug 4, 2018
    PA
    Ever since I bought my Professional Telecaster, I don't play my Les Paul anymore; part of the reason is I want to stay away from being just a blues player and learn more modern style with delays and shimmers.

I also find great satisfaction playing the Telecaster. It has more balls than a Strat but not too over saturated like the Paul. Once my son graduates from college in a year, I will give him my signed Les Paul. . signed by Les Paul.

With that being said, I could not be happy with just one guitar. You want more flavors and on stage if a string breaks, you will want a backup. My second guitar is. Kiesel/ Carvin 550 (335 type guitar) and then a Fender Strat. I can get along nicely with just these 3 guitars. I am sure I will miss the Les Paul once in a while but my son better not live too far away.

4. Sinner1980

Sinner1980 Tele-Meister

Dec 11, 2011
    Hong Kong
    There’s something ‘romantic’ about having just one guitar... If I was in the position to have/choose only one it would be a tele since it covers my quintessential needs pretty much. Happy to have two teles and a strat though. Perhaps I’ll add a nice les paul to the stable eventually so I have all covered.

5. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Tele-Holic

Feb 18, 2018
    WV
    Yep. One electric. It's a tele, of course. MIM bought new in 1999 or 2000. I will never sell it.

I also have one Fender P, and a yammie acoustic. That's it.

I had that cheapo epi Jr. for a short time. Now back to one electric. In the future I will get an SG or LP. I just bought a new bass rig, so it won't be for a while.

I try to keep things simple cost and gear-wise, in part because guitar isn't the only thing I like to do. I happen to really like my marriage. :p

6. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    Umm, that means you have three.

7. Mike SS

Mike SS Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 9, 2012
    Nebraska
    Only Telecaster, but two of them.

8. buster poser

buster poser Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

May 1, 2018
    Maryland
    My Tele is my only electric, though I've got a cheap Breedlove acoustic and the wife's Arbor strat. I guess that one is sort of a guitar ;)

9. acoustic rob

acoustic rob Tele-Holic

Oct 27, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I only have one *electric* guitar, and it's a Tele.

Don't ask me how many amps I have.

10. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
    I'm down to 2 Tele's and a Uke. Just sold my Jag and Duo Sonic for some extra holiday spends next month. I'm hoping to get a new Tele after that lol!

mimmo likes this.
  11. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Friend of Leo's

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I used to have just one guitar. When I was 10.

12. Owensv

Owensv TDPRI Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Canton, OH
    Unlike a magic ring, there just isn’t One to rule them all - too many sounds, styles and moods you just can’t cover on a single instrument. That said, though, I have kept my meager collection to one of each: my beloved 52 AVRI, my old friend Martin (D18), and a Córdoba classical. The Tele gets played 2:1.

13. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

Jul 15, 2013
    Europa
    I have a pretty old school set up, but I doubt that the tele would be the last to go if I started selling them one by one

[​IMG]

14. teleGramPete

teleGramPete TDPRI Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Amsterdam
    Where did you buy from that gorgeous neck?

15. Silverface

Silverface Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Lawndale CA
    As I've gotten older I've found myself in more and more situations where multiple guitar tones are vital. Had to stop gigging for health reasons a couple years ago, but up until that time I needed at least 3-4 distinctive sounding guitars on gigs - and that was when playing originals. If I was playing a night with a cover band I usually needed one, maybe two more.

To be clear - I could play just fine with any one guitar (but not a bone stock Tele - only with modified electronics and specific pickups) but with more experience I've found tone nuances and response to picking dynamics to be critical to overall band sound. Sure, some listeners couldn't care less - but a surprising number DO notice. Pedals and amp adjustments do not offset having the wrong instrument for the material.

qblue likes this.
  16. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Tele-Afflicted

got it from a bloke who got it from WD Music. I think Stratosphere (ebay and Reverb) still sells Rosewood necks but Im not sure about shipping internationally because of CITES. It was perfect since I was really wanting to buy one but CITES regulation on Rosewood was already in full effect and the guy I bought it from got it a few years before.

here's my full post.
    http://www.tdpri.com/threads/new-rosewood-neck-for-my-tele.793316/

17. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2005
    North Texas
    Are those Pat Metheny models? Very cool, ran across one the other day for the first time, never knew they existed.

18. A-Zed

A-Zed TDPRI Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Australia
    This was my family from 1975 to now.
    IMG_0105.JPG

Then I got this last year:
    IMG_0111.JPG

And last week I had an incident of gas and got this with the blessing of the wife:

IMG_0153.JPG

She hopes that I’m over it now.

19. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2007
    Albuquerque
    30+ guitars and one amp.

If I had to have one guitar it would be this...

[​IMG]

20. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

Jul 15, 2013
    Europa
    They are the old metheny models .. the pm100 and pm120. Great guitars especially the pm100.

It's kinda random that I ended with them, they're just showed up at good prices while I was looking for something else

dannyh likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.