Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Who has only one guitar? and it's a Telecaster...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by teleblueman, Sep 9, 2018.

1. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Mar 18, 2010
    Paris France - Rome Italy
    I have three teles and two acoustics and I am fine with them, not much GAS at the moment.

But I am thinking of getting one of those AO 60s in fiesta red.

RadioFM74 and Fendereedo like this.

2. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
    Great minds think alike, sir!

mimmo likes this.

3. rdwhitti

rdwhitti Tele-Holic

Feb 16, 2016
    TX
    I don't have a tele but keep thinking that I want one. Trade my strat maybe? I am more of an archtop player but having a tele would be nice at times.

Fendereedo likes this.

4. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Mar 18, 2010
    Paris France - Rome Italy
    Glad to hear that!

Fendereedo likes this.

5. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Afflicted

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    If I could only have one guitar, it would be my Telecaster. It’s the bridge pickup for me. The Telecaster can stand in for what I like from my Strat, SG, and Annie. None of them can stand in for my Telecaster. Would I sell the others to have only the Telecaster? My wife may sell them after I’m gone. I’m taking my Telecaster with me!

6. SoulstormTX

SoulstormTX Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2017
    San Antonio, Tx
    Recently sold a bunch of my stuff to fund some new ventures in gear acquisition. Right now, my only electric guitar is a tele partscaster I recently built (see it here). It won't stay that way for long as I'm gassing for another tele, but I need to get my amp situation and pedalboard situation straightened out before I grab another guitar. But for now this tele plays amazing and punches well above the money I put into it.

7. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Tele-Afflicted

Nov 16, 2005
    Texas Gulf Coast
    I can NEVER get down to only one guitar EVER.

I've had a lot of my guitars for a long time and couldn't possibly part with some of them.

Some of them fit a spot in my collection that no other guitar can, and the a lot of them I keep for sentimental reasons.

If some reason I had to sell off my whole collection for financial reasons, and I had to pick just one to keep, I wouldn't be one of my Fender Teles.

8. esetter

esetter Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sep 1, 2011
    MI
    Currently at two Strats and a Tele. I do however have a Tele build in process. I just need to decide what neck that Imwant to buy for it.

9. INFANT

INFANT Tele-Meister

Apr 12, 2011
    Stoney Creek, Ontario
    I bought my first Tele in '75 and for 21 years it was my only electric guitar. I also owned an Ovation Balladeer acoustic. Once I got financially stable, I started adding some different guitars to have different sounds...a Strat, Tele Thinline (avatar photo), Les Paul, ES137 and a Martin D16. However, I still play my old 75 Tele quite often now and have been contemplating thinning the herd.

10. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Tele-Afflicted

Mar 5, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    DON'T DO IT! I've done it many times. Just the other day I was thinking about this. I was saying to myself: "What was I thinking?" I didn't need the money. I got into the really stupid mindset that if I wasn't using something right now, I should get rid of it. Stupid, stupid of me.

11. telestratosonic

Mar 5, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    Read LarryJunior's post on page 1 not far below yours. I agree with him.

12. telestratosonic

Mar 5, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    So, so true.

13. drmmrr55

drmmrr55 Tele-Meister

Aug 20, 2017
    Federal Way, Washington
    I agree with this post, I periodically pull out my Gibson Firebird, and remember then remember why I bought in the first place. Same with my L.P, and My Midtown, my Mustang, etc. I love them all, and I do rotate them.....at home. I do gig with the Tele the most.

Same thing with my 2 tube amps, I love my PRRI, and I love my Marshal DSL40c. I gig mostly with the Marshall because the cleans are pretty decent with a reverb pedal, and dirt without any pedal at all. The PRRI needs a bunch of pedals, and is a little bit of a one trick pony. But I think I'll just keep my other stuff….variety is the spice of life!

14. RifleSlinger

RifleSlinger Tele-Meister

Mar 12, 2016
    Washington
    My only electric is a Tele partscaster. There are times when I crave a Strat or a 335, but I’m still not ready. I feel like it would dilute the relationship I have with my Tele. I know exactly what input it needs to produce the desired output.

15. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 26, 2011
    Kent, UK
    I would find my playing life difficult with just one electric. A Baja's cleaner sound works well for my blues duo project but Cabronitas seem to give me more crunch for rock/indie stuff with the band. Plus we've just started to play some numbers in D tuning, so I've got an old Strat that covers that.
    I know a lot of those bits could be addressed by using pedal or amp settings but being able to just swap guitars for different tasks works for me.

16. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Meiners Oaks CA.
    I have 2 Teles, 2 Les Pauls, 2 acoustic guitars, and a jazz bass.

17. scottser

scottser Tele-Afflicted

Mar 6, 2009
    dublin
    Ive got 2 guitars, both teles. One is a squier standard and the other is a squier p90 custom. I genuinely would find it hard to let one go but if i did, i'd be happy to be left with either of them as i have them set up nicely and sounding great. I would like an archtop acoustic though, something to play open g and slide on.
    Its the same.with amps - 2 heads and 2 cabs. I cant choose between them but id be happy with any of them.

18. Alpino_321

Alpino_321 Tele-Meister

Sep 5, 2007
    Aviano, Italy
    I'm pretty monogamous with my instruments. I've had my only bass (a Modulus VJ) for 23 years and never wanted anything else. A couple years ago I assembled my tele (an American Fender Frankenstein with DiMarzio Minibucker and Hot Area T) and don't really think about getting another guitar. If anything I might change the pickup configuration if I get the itch to try something new.

19. GK34

GK34 Tele-Meister

Dec 20, 2010
    Pearland, TX
    I have one electric guitar, and it is an American Professional Telecaster. I sold my Strat once I got this Tele, because I really didn’t see a need for a second electric guitar. This Tele can do everything I’m after.

IMG_2324.JPG

Fendereedo and Crobbins like this.

20. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Tele-Afflicted

Jun 25, 2016
    Midwest, USA
    One guitar?!! Noooo... That's against the code!

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.