Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Who can wind a Tele bridge lipstick for me? Or should I?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Ira7, Aug 4, 2017.

1. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    I would imagine that the mounting arrangement would be the same on all their lipstick style pickups.

2. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Thanks for all your help on this.

Ordered pup and flatworks yesterday, plus some other unrelated items.

When wife finds out, funeral is tomorrow.

littlebadboy likes this.

3. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Update! Update! Update!

The GFS lipstick disassembles just fine, and matches up perfectly with the flatworks piece.

The problem?

The flatworks isn't threaded, so I needed nuts instead, and spent about an hour looking through my crap for these teensy weensy nuts. Found them, but then another problem:

The diameter of the springs I had were too narrow, and the tension of those springs too weak, to allow smooth travel. They would get hung up on the threads.

So a trip to Sam Ash was in order, which I WASN'T in the mood for although it's close to me, and then I came upon a brilliant idea.

I'm using three of these to mount the pup:

IMG_1589.JPG

I must have two dozen of these crappy block saddles laying around.

The only issue I can foresee is once the bridge is mounted, and I want to adjust height, that the block doesn't spin. I'm gonna spray everything good with WD 40, and I can test before mounting the bridge anyway.

So we'll see.

A little confused on how to handle the ground wires though, although I think it's pretty simple.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.