Which resistor do I remove?

Discussion in 'Burnt Fingers DIY Effects' started by joel_ostrom, May 16, 2013.

1. joel_ostrom

joel_ostrom Tele-Afflicted

I'm trying to install the Deville Clickless bypass mod in a Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble pedal. The instructions indicate that I need to remove. I've attached the installation guide, indicating which resistor needs to be removed, as well as the schematic for the pedal itself.

Could somebody point out which resistor on the pedal schematic correlates to the resistor in the installation guide that I need to remove?

Thanks!

Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble Schematic

Clickless Tru-Bypass Installation Guide.
    Red arrow indicates the resistor I need to remove.
    Screen Shot 2013-05-16 at 8.37.13 PM.jpg

2. rpjones

rpjones TDPRI Member

it looks like it is the 56k resistor right above Q8, I can't make out the designation of that resistor on the schematic.

3. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

That's what it looks like to me, also. 56K resistor. It's R39 on the schematic. (Over on the right side of the schematic, near the section labeled "CHECK". ) One puzzling thing though, is that between that resistor and the LED, the schematic shows a 1.8K resistor, R42, that does not appear in the bypass install guide diagram you posted.

4. limbe

limbe Tele-Afflicted

Hasn´t it been replaced by the 1K resistor that´s connected between the cathode of the zener diode and V+ or am I not reading the schematic correctly?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.