Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Which one of you blooze daddies was at Wal-Mart last night?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by allen082, Dec 5, 2018.

1. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Tele-Holic

Jun 17, 2008
    omaha
  2. Recce

Recce Tele-Afflicted

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    FAE0B402-E691-4272-8514-DB1EE10BED1C.jpeg 50 Bonus points for still having the fingerboard protector on the guitar !!

The fingerboard protector isn't there anymore. I took that picture just after buying it last year. It is sitting nicely on a guitar stand right behind the stool I play on in one of my back bedrooms. It is a very nice playing SG.

I own an SG because when I was sixteen, that would be 46 years ago, I lusted after the Cherry Red version. I stopped playing shortly thereafter until about three years ago. When I found this 2018 SG Standard at Bailey's Music and played it I couldn't pass it up. It has the 57 pickups also. Just a sweet guitar and I love it. Yes, I still want the heritage Cherry version. We will see.....

This is why I belong here.

I am confused because the picture at the top is supposed to be at the bottom but it shows the SG sans fingerboard protector. It is with good company with a Sinker and a custom Telecaster.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    nojazzhere likes this.
  3. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    The Bandit was boosted

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Put a banjo sticker on your car and people will leave two bucks under your windshield wiper.

DrPepper, Johnkir64, Kebmel and 8 others like this.
  5. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Tele-Holic

Feb 18, 2018
    WV
    But then The Fuzz got in the way, and no more boost!

Frank'n'censed likes this.
  6. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Maybe a "Blues Mama"??????

ukepicker and Obsessed like this.
  7. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2016
    Arizona
    Nobody would would be dumb enough to steal from a car if it had the Fuzz stickers on it.

Lake Placid Blue and Whatizitman like this.
  8. stratclub

stratclub Tele-Meister

Mar 15, 2018
    PNW
    Stickers usually mean that you can't afford and/or are not allowed to bring home the real thing.

9. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Tele-Holic

Feb 18, 2018
    WV
    Yup. The Fuzz typically won't help with a boost. You need to find the right type of Fuzz for that.

10. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

I had a Buck & Merle sticker made and put it on my pickup. Like you, I'd never been a sticker guy... but, I put that one on... then, like tats, I got a couple for my favorite roads in California (129, 198, 168, 101) and a sticker for my favorite chainsaw... I'm old and DGAF... so, I put them on. I actually enjoy the times in traffic when someone will roll down their window and ask where I got one of the stickers... my clan is not large and we are strange... but... I am not alone.... as for blues daddy.... the only part that made me think it was goofy was the license plate holder... the badass chain on a mom mobile..... oh yeah, there was a Bob Wills Chrysler dealer in Salinas years ago... I bought a bob wills license plate holder for my truck... I DIG it... none of our other vehicles have a single sticker...

ukepicker likes this.
  11. ftbtx

ftbtx Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Definitely needs a pork-pie hat sticker.

Wildcard_35 and Chunkocaster like this.
  12. twotone60

twotone60 Tele-Meister

Sep 14, 2011
    Charlottesville, va
    This entire thread: download.jpg

Chunkocaster, richiek65 and ftbtx like this.
  13. David Barnett

David Barnett Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

Interesting, a tribute to David Gilmour and Angus Young?

14. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Yeah imagine how pissed some bad hombre would be if they broke into your car hoping to steal a Bandit, and all they found was a Dumble?
    Most crooks read up on what gear is desirable, and everybody knows Dumbles suck and you can't even give them away...

Believer and Flakey like this.
  15. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Hmmm, a Bandit tattoo.

I see a fad a comin'.

Nickadermis likes this.
  16. allen082

allen082 Friend of Leo's

Jul 16, 2009
    fort worth
    That sticker is the entire reason I stopped and took a picture. The whole picture is awesome, but its the Bandit that makes it great!

Nickadermis and ukepicker like this.
  17. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    So if the smoke leaks out of that amp is it "Smokey and the Bandit?"

18. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

There's got be a blooz song in it.

Went down to the Wal-Mart...

twotone60 likes this.
  19. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Friend of Leo's

May 5, 2015
    Alaska
    If I were a detective, I'd walk around the WalMart till I found an overweight guy in cargo shorts, beard and a fedora. And when I found him in the liquor section, I'd approach with caution ....

20. edvard

edvard Tele-Holic

May 15, 2016
    Bremerton, WA
    For all those looking for stickers, a cursory glance around the internet hasn't turned up any sources, even direct from Peavey. Looks like you'll have to find a good quality photo of a Bandit and get it custom made through Zazzle or VistaPrint or maybe if your local copy shop has good quality vinyl sticker stock.

ukepicker likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.