Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Which Modelers Will Stand the Test of Time?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by JayFreddy, Aug 2, 2014.

1. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    The ones that will stand the test of time are the ones the look the coolest. It's that simple. There are a lot of different modeling amps of varying sound quality, but the ones that will be classics are the ones that look classic. Examples: Fender Mustang, Line 6 Flextone. The ones that look stupid, regardless of how they sound, will be looked at as toys in a few years. Examples: Line 6 Spider, Peavey Vyper.

Soulie22 likes this.

2. Soulie22

Soulie22 NEW MEMBER!

Jun 1, 2016
    Sydney Australia

I agree.
    Visual style is a bigger factor here that people give it credit fo.r

3. GrantR

GrantR Tele-Meister

May 29, 2011
    New Zealand
    "Which modelers will stand the test of time" ? Who really cares ?
    I'm old enough to have lived through the tube, ss, and modelling era, and know that with my passion for guitar playing, that I will never ever really quit having GAS issues. I use modellers now, as they are cheap and sound good to my ears. I'm not into playing guitar for snob or collecting reasons, I just love the things - particularly Tele's - which is all I own now. But amps will come and go . . . as they improve, or something else takes my fancy. It's entirely irrelevant to me if a cheap modelling amp will last the test of time.

just my 2.674 cents worth . . . :)

4. sammy axe

sammy axe TDPRI Member

Sep 29, 2016
    san diego ca
    Kemper will stand the test. I think the Cybertwin hold up very well in terms on tone. Once they stopped making them the hype fizzled but to my ears the are better sounding than most of the new modeling amps.

5. chemobrainkid

chemobrainkid Tele-Meister

Sep 2, 2016
    S.F. East Bay
    I've had a Digitech GSP 1101 rackmount it stays home and minds it's business yes I just bought a second on a back up should they stop making them also for running 2 complimentary
    amp models together.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.