Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Which guitars are you GASsing for?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by logan2z, Feb 17, 2012.

1. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    I would like a Composite Acoustics "Cargo".

[​IMG]

It's a travel size carbon graphite guitar.

The backs are cool...

[​IMG]

Indestructible. Heat, cold, humidity.....no worries. Easy to travel with. The sound hole placement pushes the sound at the player. You can plug it in (nice for writing).

Form and function.

2. Serenity23

Serenity23 Tele-Holic

Dec 1, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I love coming back to this thread. Some awesome guitars on here.
    And while i've got some very expensive guitars i'm GASing for, the one i'm most interested in at the moment is one of the cheapest.[​IMG]
    Simple, great modding platform, and something to get my 80's kicks with.

3. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Been 8 months and I'm still GASSIn' for this one only

4. Tesla_HV

Tesla_HV Tele-Afflicted

Aug 5, 2014
    New England USA
    An American Deluxe Thinline Telecaster and a Les Paul Custom cherry sunburst both left handed.

5. silvertonebetty

silvertonebetty Tele-Meister

May 13, 2013
    canada
    An original 1959 framus bill Laurence model I know he did go by that then but can't spell his last name lmao

Attached Files:

6. dannew02

dannew02 Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2010
    Erin Prarie, WI
    I just got a new job, and it's right by a GC. THey had one of these,
    [​IMG]
    2002 CS "non-reverse" Firebird. A guitar I've wanted since I was a little kid, and a neighbor guy had one (a sunburst one, spray-canned black) THese came out just as I got my first really well-paying jobs, but I just couldn't justify buying one (even though I paid not quite 2X for a terrible falling-apart Gretsch that I lost 90% of what I paid when I managed to sell it) Then the NR's got re-issued in 2011, but again I just couldn't afford a $1+K guitar. So of course I have to find one of these in exactly the right color and equipment, but it's $1800, so of course I'm not getting it. Boo hoo.
    The store had one of these
    [​IMG]
    "70's Tribute" SG, scratch & dent priced ($400!) that I ALMOST could afford, I'm sure the guys there got sick of me handling it every day until someone else bought it.

It is kinda funny that I'm GAS-ing, since earlier this year I got THIS
    [​IMG]
    which I've wanted since I saw them in the JC Penney catalog in 1981/82, I thought once I actually got one, I'd "never need another guitar again"... ha ha. Funny how GAS never really goes away...

7. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Meister

Mar 16, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Might be getting a sunburst Squier 51 for my birthday...that should relieve the GAS for awhile :D
    I really can't justify any more gear until I'm playing better. I practice every evening for a couple hours but I don't seem to be moving forward much.

8. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Ya know a new guitar would help, right? :twisted:

Seriously, though, I'm a firm believer that you "deserve" nice guitars because you enjoy playing and learning, NOT because you're already an accomplished player, or because you make gig money, etc. If guitar moves you, it doesn't really matter how good you are, as long as you're enjoying the journey.

Getting a new guitar is fun, certainly, but not endlessly repeatable. Having a nice little collection, though, can be very inspiring. I play every day, and part of the fun is deciding what to play today.

Regarding moving forward, try some instructional material outside of your comfort genre. If you hammer away at the pentatonic blues box, try learning some country licks, for example. Gets you out of a rut right quick.

9. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Meister

Mar 16, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    I am getting a little better, and the Squier 51 I got for my birthday helps alot :-D
    I am a gear hound with a collector streak (Zippos, watches, trad pocket knives) and will always have GAS.

I've refined my taste a bit, and there's two on the list of "one of these days". First is a Reverend Sensei Jr, saw it online and hope I can play one because they look like they'd be a killer rock machine.

Second is a Godin 5th Avenue Kingpin with the single P90. An old friend had a jazz box way back when, and it was a cool guitar though his was a Gibson and way out of my league. I'd love to strum around on one of those hanging out in the living room.

10. Obelisk

Obelisk Tele-Holic

Apr 1, 2013
    NW USA
    Three guitars:

Martin 016 NY from before 67/68: love parlor sized acoustics with a slotted headstock. I like this particular model as well though a pre war O-21 would be cool.

A non-Varitone Mid '60s ES355 with a stop tailpiece with tuneamatic bridge(both the mono & stop tailpiece could be mods. In fact it would be cheaper that way!)

Mid '70s Tele Deluxe with all original electronics and a Strat tremolo bridge(a rare option & hard to find). This would be a cool addition to my collection. I love the WRHB and having them in conjunction with a tremolo bridge would be cool.

11. bo

bo Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I thought I was fine and was pretty much resisting everything until I saw the PRS Vela. Mine will be ready in two months.

12. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

A USACG jazzmaster build or an exotic wood tele with humbuckers.

I kind of want to build a mahogany tele with a Pau ferro neck. Gorgeous color combo. That or an all rosewood tele. Also gorgeous.

13. dmitri

dmitri Tele-Meister

A Gibson J45. So sweet and just simplistic gorgeous.

A 72 Thinline Tele w/ WR buckers.

14. losrogers

losrogers Tele-Meister

Oct 31, 2012
    Tucson
    Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster HSS Rosewood, Black
    Gibson Memphis Chris Cornell ES-335, Flat Black
    Alvarez Masterworks 60 Series Dreadnought, Natural Finish

15. dezb1

dezb1 Tele-Holic

Mar 10, 2011
    glasgow

Looks to me like you need a Yamaha SG...

16. Matthias

Matthias Tele-Afflicted

Jun 30, 2003
    UK
    A couple of builds:

SG Jr Precision kit, to be finished in satin brown with a Bare Knuckle Supermassive P90. Fatness + clarity!
    A matching headstock Jazzmaster with Creamery pickups

A couple of others:

Fender American Special Tele in Vintage Blonde
    Gibson ES 335... one day :)
    Gibson SG Standard
    Washburn Wing Series
    Vintage Fender Bronco. So want one of those old student guitars

That enough for now :)

17. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2013
    Michigan
    Every time I pick up an Ibanez Artcore, I want one more.

18. pete-strych

pete-strych Tele-Holic

Jun 19, 2012
    I just sold a bunch of unused gear & bought a Chapman ML-1 Natural.
    ImageUploadedByTDPRI1442378713.508970.jpg INCREDIBLE!!!!
    Here's my GAS list:
    1. Gibson Lzzy Hale Explorer
    ImageUploadedByTDPRI1442378804.403126.jpg
    2. Dean Custom Zone II Floyd (then I'd replace the pickups with Arcane Mr. Scary Bridge & Bare Knuckle in Neck) ImageUploadedByTDPRI1442378967.134201.jpg
    3. ESP George Lynch Distressed Strat (just cause it looks really cool)
    ImageUploadedByTDPRI1442379093.840590.jpg
    4. Dean Michael Schenker Flying V
    ImageUploadedByTDPRI1442379142.443504.jpg
    (I've always wanted one)
    5. Fender Yngwie Strat (I love the color, big headstock & scalloped maple neck)
    ImageUploadedByTDPRI1442379305.776198.jpg
    6. Epiphone Lucille (they play like buttah) picture won't upload?...we all know what Lucille looks like.

19. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    -72 custom telecaster
    -72 deluxe telecaster
    -G&L fallout
    -PRS custom 24
    -my old strat ('twas a 97 USA deluxe that I modded with new nut, rose pickups, mojotone wiring harness, and blender circuit)
    -ES330
    -vintage starcaster
    -jazzmaster

20. Danomo

Danomo Tele-Holic

Mar 31, 2014
    Chicago
    Well, I imagine @logan2z is healed up by now and no longer monitoring this thread, but I do have an entry.

I know it's Chinese, but I've had a Modern Player Tele plus in my hands a few times, it has a few warts electrically, but every one has been a smooth player.
    Those warts BTW: no bridge ground on the three I've played, and not sheilded as well as MIM's or most Squiers are these days, but this is easily remedied.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.