Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Which guitar should I get?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Manly wimp 17, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Chatnoir

Chatnoir Tele-Holic

Sep 5, 2016
    Peabody, MA
    It's a beautiful guitar and I wouldn't hesitate to pick up the standard in any color, and Candy Red is very sweet looking....

Laura

2. Manly wimp 17

Manly wimp 17 TDPRI Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Slovenia
    My current guitar has a six saddled bridge so it is my preference. :)

nojazzhere likes this.

3. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 5, 2017
    Albany
    Then you are nearly there! Honestly, I don't see how you could go wrong with the Fender you are contemplating.

4. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Just curious....what is your current guitar? In other words, what presently is your "baseline" or point of reference, and how much better can you expect a Telecaster to be? Also, (at least here in the states) an actual Fender brand instrument USUALLY holds its resale value better than G&L or other brands, regardless of their actual quality. This is important in case you don't get along with the new Tele, and you want to trade or sell it.
    I see you're 17 years old.....you've got a LOT of guitars to play, buy and sell ahead of you....good luck! The Tele you're contemplating is an EXCELLENT way to start.

5. Manly wimp 17

Manly wimp 17 TDPRI Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Slovenia
    I currently have a Fender Bullet Strat.

6. user34603

user34603 Tele-Meister

Dec 5, 2016
    Richmond VA
    ...consider buying a used Tele from a pro if you know one. It will be set up, better quality, and will rise in value if it is a Fender, G&L or even a good Yamaha Tele type.

7. Twang Deluxe

Twang Deluxe TDPRI Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Kehl
    For max. 550 Euro I would buy a Fender Telecaster Classic 60 Player

8. Timo82

Timo82 TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Netherlands
    Lets start by saying in that pricerange you can find a guitar that will last a lifetime. Guitars are so much better for less money than they used to be.

G&L gives you great value for money but if you dont like it. It doesn't have a good resale value. Fenders keep better value

Cheap 100 euro guitars these days are pretty descent if you know how to set it up properly.
    But you can buy a strat, tele and Les Paul and see what you prefer. So that's great!

For that money i would buy the highway one Telecaster MIA. It depends on what type of music you're gonna play though. I choose the highway one over the MIM Baya tele (same price) because of the hotter pups and the fatter neck. Better suited for raw rock and chord playing..I ve owned many guitars since for example Ibanez artcore (great), a Harley Benton tele copy ( great for the money)and a G&L fallout (great) etc etc. So guitars will come and go but i will never part from my highway one tele. It's a workhorse and very very solid. I think it's out of production but you can buy them cheap seconden hand.

I AM thinking about selling my MIM strat and buy a G&l legacy. Mainly for the whammy

Talking about strats...I was a strat hater, 100% tele guy. Was I wrong!!!! Play a strat as well. They're great..Strat OR tele they cut thru the mix and thats what you always need.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018

9. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Holic

Sep 14, 2016
    not houston
    in my opinion, you really cant go wrong with that MIM tele.....since about 2006 the quality of these things has been really good. well, on the strats anyway.
    if it doesnt feel right at first you can always set it up to your specs.

10. LocoTex

LocoTex Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2018
    Waxahachie, TX.
    I agree with many here. The Standard is a fine guitar. If you can check them out in person check out the neck. That's the main comfort point.

11. Timo82

Timo82 TDPRI Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Netherlands
    So true! The rest... it's a tele. You can swap everything later if you feel the need.

12. Billnchristy

Billnchristy Tele-Holic

Sep 21, 2017
    Georgia
    They all lose value, unless they are vintage. I see $350 mims every day.

IMO if you buy because you won't take a bath when you sell it, then you are kinda dooming the whole thing to failure. I see depreciation as a rental fee.

13. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

May 30, 2017
    Colorado
    Big Classic Vibe tele fan here! They are fantastic guitars and not just for the money! And with the money you save, you can put it towards upgrades (not that they need upgrading... but it's fun), or towards an amp or pedal.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.