Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by grolan1, Mar 12, 2018.
So looking forward to my new guitar, Thursday !
Very cool, what are the specs for your Larrivee?
Selling my 74 SG Standard with tarback pups a couple of years ago still brings tears. Never owned a better player, but when the ex doesn’t pay property taxes for a couple years and doesn’t tell you....
I picked up a Smartwood last summer, was gutted and somebody put a semi bad refinish on the top. I replaced all the electronics and slammed an old Tim Shaw in the neck and a SuperDistortion in the bridge.
I’m all in for about $500CAD and it’s a pretty nice player.
My '74 Standard has the volute, the wide Schaller bridge, and a few odd Norlin appointments that you can't find in the more '60s shapes these days.
SGs really varied in feel and sound between '69 and, say, the mid '80s so if you poke around, you might be surprised to find one that suits you
Great choice. P90s really broaden the tone palette. I'm particularly fond of P90 neck tone.
Those old Shaws are super sweet, and beautifully responsive. Of course the SuperD qualifies as an all-time classic. Is it one of the walnut Smartwoods, that were kinda like The Paul? Those can be really fat sounding, even with the stock T-tops. I think it's their walnut necks. An unusual wood for a neck.
* 1-piece South American Mahogany (Genuine Mahogany)
* bound Indian Rosewood fingerboard from Cochin
* Extra Long Mortis & Tenon neck joint* Mother of Pearl peghead logo inlay
* Ivoroid fingerboard binding w/Black Side Dots
* Mother-of-Pearl Dot position markers
* Textured Black control cavity covers
* Nickel & Chrome hardware
* Schaller M6 Tuners (Made in Germany)
* Larrivee P90 pickups
* Tonepros bridge & tailpiece
* Switchcraft Short Toggle Sw itch (Made in USA)
* Switchcraft 1/4 Mono Jack w/ Short Thread (Made in USA)
* CTS Long Shaft 500k Audio Pots
* Luxe Bumblebee Paper-in-oil (PIO ) capacitors (Made in USA)
* Single Action Coated Steel adjustable truss rod
* Mini Spoke-Nut design on Final Fret (Made in USA)
* Custom Fit Wooden Case with Blue Velvet Lining (made in Canada)
Scale Length: 25.5” or 650mm
Upper Bout: 9.875
Lower Bout: 13
Body Thickness a t Edge: 1.5
Overall Length: 38.75
Nut Width: 1 & 11/16th” or 43mm
Weight: Approximately 8 lbs.
Wiring Style: Modern Style w/ Independent Volumes
Wiring: Multi Conductor Foil Shielded
Treble Bypass Circuit: Yes, Neck pickup only
Capacitors Values: 0.022UF Bridge, 0.015 Neck
Capacitor Type: Hand Rolled, Paper in Oil
String Ground: Grounded to Tail Stop-Piece
Shielding: Painted Body Cavities (Ceramic Conductive paint)
This is what my RS-4 looks like, fancier than the one I just bought.. super nice/quality guitar
Not a bad choice...