Where to get a Mark Bass amp serviced

Discussion in 'The BASS Place' started by Big_Bend, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

My son bought a used Mark Bass Little Mark Tube 800 amp from Guitar Center. A year later its on the fritz. We cracked it open and the little tube is soldiered onto the circuit, no way to replace. The amp crackles bad when the signal is boosted, like my son does when playing his bass through a pedal board.

I took the amp back to Guitar Center and they don't have a clue what to do with it. I've googled Mark Bass and its an Italian company, there doesn't seem to be any official way to get this amp repaired.

I'm disappointed here that the amp went bad so soon, and Guitar Center won't support it, and I don't know how to get it fixed.

Suggestions appreciated....

Edit, found this page -

http://www.vstservice.com/t-markbass.aspx

List of places that do non warranty work on MB stuff. Oh well, I guess I'm shipping the amp to Dallas. Wish me luck.

Anyone else had issues with their Mark Bass amps?

2. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Sorry to hear that. I don't think Guitar Center 'supports' any used electronics or anything out of warranty. Most barely have a 'guitar tech' on site.

While I am not sure where to take a Mark Bass product, I would just take it to my local amp/electronic tech. I imagine in Houston there are a few good ones.

3. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

Most PCB based bass amps are disposable unfortunately. Problem? Throw away. My bassist has about 3 or 4 SS ones that aren't worth fixing.
    But yours is a Tube amp right?

4. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Tube -- singular. This is a SS amp with one tube in the preamp.

5. fidopunk

fidopunk Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I'm surprised it's that difficult to desolder the tube and solder in a socket. I'm also surprised anyone would solder a "tube" directly to a PCB.

6. JL_LI

JL_LI Friend of Leo's

I never heard of this particular model so I looked it up on the web. At $800 for the head only, I'd hate to think of it as a throw away. I hope we can find out if it can be repaired. If not, it's something to steer clear of.

7. E5RSY

E5RSY Poster Extraordinaire

Their website says Guitar Center should help you with service, warranty or otherwise. Keep leaning on them until you get someone that knows what they're talking about.

8. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

Yes, if it was new you should be leaning heavily on GC if it's in warranty. But you bought it used right? It must be fixable, but it's often the repair cost on newer stuff... They dont make it easy to fix. But at $800 used yeah fix it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.