Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

When is a band not a band anymore?

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by tahoebob54, Jul 16, 2017.

1. joealso

joealso Tele-Meister

Dec 25, 2012
    East Haddam, CT
    A band is something special. John, Paul, George and Ringo were greater together than the sum of their parts. Look at the Stones' solo work. I'm not knocking Keef's or Ronnie's stuff (note that I'm not defending Mick's) but they don't measure up to the Stones together. A "BAND" is able to create something magical that the individual musicians cannot.

Uncle Bob likes this.

2. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    I saw The Cream with Blooze Saraceno. They nailed Politician but without Clapton on the Dumble it wasn't the same, but OTOH when Erik isn't playing a Gibson his toan is terrible, too fizzy with no midrange honk.

3. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Exactly. The cover band down at the local watering hole brought in a new guitarist. He didn't even have any true bypass petals and hadn't changed the humbuckers in his R9. Discrasefull!

4. texastengu

texastengu Tele-Holic

Aug 23, 2016
    Austone, Tejas
    When is a band not a band ...

492DEDBA-9C40-4F15-AEF0-16E7068B7CF8.jpeg

joealso and brookdalebill like this.

5. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

Apr 4, 2009
    Western Canada
    Sorry... I know this thread is a little older but it's been revived so I'm adding my 2 cents :D

I'm going to be brutally honest here. I like Peter Green, but nobody would be talking about Fleetwood Mac at all other than rare obscurity within a niche market if it wasn't for the Buckingham/Nicks era! If you want the real band to stand up I'm sure it would be the one that sold 100 million records, not the one that struggled to survive.

3fngrs likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.