Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What's your thoughts on this: Born to be happy or unhappy.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Chick-N-Picker, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    I don't believe in a pre-determined life, but generally speaking are some people born to be happy and others born to be unhappy?

chemobrain likes this.
  2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
  3. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
  4. Bartholomew3

Bartholomew3 Friend of Leo's

Dec 8, 2010
    Montreal
    Some people develop problems in childhood that are handed down from parents IMO. Some worry, some have no confidence, some are just generally forked up, some complain & yell or maybe are abusive to people at home. It molds future personality from childhood onward.

Why are we sometimes impatient ? Had no place to go or be anyways...inherited personality trait. Takes a lot of personal thought and determination to walk away from these things, to change them.

Or maybe it's in our DNA.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    cactusrob and Dropoutjohn like this.
  5. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Some people’s brain chemistry predisposes them to depression. So, yeah, maybe.

6. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
  7. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
  8. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    its the glass half full or half empty scenario

SH-t doesnt happen , I make Sh-t happen!

I am in ccontrol of my own happiness , and Im a very happy guy 99% of the time

Lake Placid Blue and MrCairo46 like this.
  9. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    Some people can’t be happy no matter how good they Have it. Some people can’t be miserable no matter how bad they have it. Whether or not we’re born with it, it’s a matter of perspective.

10. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    There's many biophysical reasons that some people are happier than others. And that's just the beginning...

11. O- Fender

O- Fender Tele-Afflicted

Mar 25, 2003
    Canada
    People choose to be happy or unhappy (mental health factors not withstanding)

I have a friend I don't see much anymore that seems to love to go for coffee and go on about how he works sun up to sundown and barely make ends meet. Any topic of conversation no matter what, he will fixate on what is wrong. Nothing is as good as it used to be (music, cars,movies) and nobody famous is ethical (politicians, celebrities).
    Yet give him a warm day, some 70's rock, a car that needs repair and his toolboxes and he is blissful, happy, full of jokes and funny stories.
    He can be happy but usually chooses not to.

MrCairo46 and Bootstrap like this.
  12. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I used to think I had the answer to this question. I have the answer to this question for ME, but everyone draws their own cards from the deck of life and some of them are better than others. I'm just really glad I don't have to ask the question. Life's been good to me, your mileage may and often does vary.

13. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    that glass is clearly both have full and half empty

14. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

15. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 5, 2016
    oakland ca.
    It's nurture not nature. meaning
    the way a person is emotionally imprinted by family, environment, socio-economic, cultural conditions has a great deal to do with how a person feels about his or her life.
    And we have the effects of the physical makeup of the persons anatomy. some things are generated by how parts of the body functions or in this case malfunction
    example to much serotonin or not enough can influence mood emotional balance and well being.
    Although it is widely believed that a serotonin deficiency plays a role in depression, there is no way to measure its levels in the living brain. ... Also, researchers don't know whether the dip in serotonin causes the depression, or the depression causes serotonin levels to drop.Oct 12, 2011
    As a person that has lived with severe clinical depression since I was a child, I have taken steps to counter act the effects of being clinically depressed resulting from extreme abuse as a child.

Balanced diet ,rest and exercise.
    abstinence from recreation substances.
    Professional Counseling for severe trauma, diagnosed as ptsd

Despite early childhood experiences today I am able to live a relatively satisfied life. making healthy choices and pursuing those things that entertain me and enrich my life.;)

16. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
  17. DonM

DonM Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Apr 21, 2016
    Henderson,NV/SLC,UT
    I be happy.

Lake Placid Blue likes this.
  18. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Born to live.

I suspect it is more important as to what environment you were born into than what your DNA suggest.

Sollipsist and raysachs like this.
  19. playforfun

playforfun Tele-Holic

Feb 25, 2013
    Luna Louisiana
    I'm just happy to have a glass. Lol

20. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    "While you optimists and pessimists were busy arguing about half-full or half-empty, I drank the water"

-The opportunist

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.