what's your "The One"?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Aaron1061, Jul 3, 2018.

1. robotguitar

robotguitar Tele-Holic

My favorite Tele happens to be my only partscaster. Got one of those FSR old growth Redwood Hot Rod Teles or whatever they are called. Didn't love the neck so I threw on a 2011 American Standard neck. Has a great range of tones and weighs a little over 6 lbs.
    Awesome guitar, but the Redwood body is super prone to dings and wear. I have a pretty soft touch and this thing is showing all kinds of dings. But the resonance and light weight make it worth it for me IMG_5972.JPG IMG_5973.JPG IMG_5974.JPG .

2. Kebmel

Kebmel Tele-Afflicted

kiwicaster 042.jpg

My U.S.A. built Kiwicaster.
    Glendale bridge and saddles
    4 way controls
    brass knobs
    OC Duff Big Boy and Plankster pick ups
    An Aronson 'flying pig' telecaster
    tone heaven

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  3. El Marin

El Marin Tele-Holic

As I keep only one Tele that must be the one. A Fat Tele, factory. She has been my "one" this last 20 years...

It happens to be her 20th anniversary today. 20 years since I bought her...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  4. drmmrr55

drmmrr55 Tele-Meister

I have only owned 2 Telecasters, 1st one was a 2012 MIM standard, which I liked better than any of my Strats, that's what got me into the Telecaster in the first place. (I like the gold metal flake with the Lake Placid blue).

The 2nd one, is a partscaster. It was made by a company in N.J. called "Black 35". It is a '51 relic with '52 CS reissue pickups, a vintage reissue bridge with compensated brass saddles, And a Fender vintage style control plate that's been reversed. I think the only thing/s not Fender are the body, and the output jack. I took off the relic'd neck because I hated it, (no finish on it at all), and mounted a modern 2013 American Standard neck. I would never sell this guitar, it sounds freakin incredible, and plays even better that that!
    IMG_0057.JPG Tele reworked.JPG

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    El Tele Lobo, gkterry and Stubee like this.
  5. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

I love a lot of guitars, and Teles probably the most these days. I can’t say that only one is THE one as I have seven really nice Teles.

But there is one that does stand out from the crowd, one that I put together from numerous sources. Squier CV Mahogany Thinline body (exquisite!), Fender Baja 60s Rosewood neck, Rob’s Cavalier Lioness and Huge Lion pickups. Just over 6 lbs. and just feels amazing, plays wonderfully, and sings so sweetly with such character! I guess it is my #1 for today.

[​IMG]

6. rooboo

rooboo Tele-Meister

7. Sinner1980

Sinner1980 Tele-Meister

Although I love my AV52 tele, my AV59 strat is definitely my no. one. It plays and sounds fantastic and she was given to me by the love of my life and my soon-to-be wife.

Special guitar with added emotional value. I intend to play the hell out of her the rest of my life and will never let her go.

F92CD507-2543-4A63-B174-54D5C4A4CEF5.jpeg

8. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

My other candidate for #1 (along with the Mahogany Thinline I posted above) is this American Standard Tele, with Dimarzio PAF Master at the neck position and Cavalier Fat Lion at the bridge. With the rib-cut on the back, when I play this guitar (I play sitting, so the cut away on the back is right at the rib cage) it just nuzzles right in so comfortably. It’s got the feel, the playability, and the tones that light me up. I love the quick ease-of-use with the Les Paul style selector switch and the Mystic Red color never fails to mesmerize me. It’s definitely “one of” my #1 guitars. :)

[​IMG]

9. Old Tele Hack

Old Tele Hack Tele-Meister

I like that - may I ask a couple questions?
    1) How well does that guitar stay in tune if ya whack the whammy bar?
    2) Tell me about that bridge - I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

To the OP - I don't think that there is any "one" for me, my '52 has the best tone of any telecaster I've ever played, my FSR natural ash finished MIM Tele is perfect w/11s and tuned to open G, and my Elite has the best neck for fast runs and big bends. When I want a really fat, granchy sound? My SG w/P90s fits the bill.

10. mrmousey

mrmousey Tele-Meister

At the risk of committing blasphemy ......
    At the moment it's my 2018 goldtop with P90's .....

11. drmmrr55

drmmrr55 Tele-Meister

That is without a doubt, a gorgeous Telecaster. I love the red metal flake, and the toggle switch gives a very clean look.

Owenmoney and DHart like this.
  12. tweedman2001

tweedman2001 Tele-Afflicted

Was North of There, Now Way Way South of There
    I started with an '83 blonde toploader. Traded for an '89 '52 RI. Traded for a 2013 CS '52 Relic (still have). Built a '60 Custom Esquire Relic with Allparts fat neck, MJT body, and Benson pups (still have). And then built my No.1 a '50 Esquire Heavy Relic with WD fat neck from Gears United and a MJT body. Perfect fit and sound for me. Cavalier pup tapped and a cocked wah position. Always the one I reach for first. The WD neck is Juuuuuusssst right.

The picture of the '83 is not mine but just like it. Thanks to the poster on the web. Sorry I don't remember who so I can't give proper credit.

$(KGrHqN,!oUE+CBv5mFMBP6Or3J9lw__60_57.JPG Fender198952RI.jpg IMG_1682.JPG IMG_1833.JPG CIMG0203.JPG

13. cntry666

cntry666 Friend of Leo's

I’ve owned many, I don’t have “the one” but there is a common thread to mine. I like Gibson LP with slim taper necks, teles with a good C shape neck and really anything with P90’s.

Fenderdad1950 likes this.
  14. henrikrock

henrikrock TDPRI Member

IMG_0160.JPG

My two PV -64s, Only guitar that comes close is my PV -52.

15. Gretschman

Gretschman TDPRI Member

I am lucky to have several teles that I love:
    A blonde baja
    A Brad Paisley signature
    A "poor man's" 64 white blonde classic vibe body with warmoth rosewood fretboard boat neck

But the one I will never part with is my GE Smith dakota red tele. When I ordered the guitar from my local shop it took a full year to come in. I finally received it in Jan of 2015 after having ordered it in December of 2013. I don't know if it is true or not, but the local Fender rep told me it was the last one ever produced. It just has a ballsy sound and a resonant body that just makes it a joy to play.

16. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Once upon a time that’s how I felt. No longer.

17. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Joking!
    Joking!

Sort of...

Owenmoney and bcorig like this.
  18. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I prefer a close cousin of the Telecaster, or rather a whole family of them...

Image1539748914.713551.jpg

19. dwh100

dwh100 Tele-Meister

kirn 1.jpg Ron Kirn Barncaster 1870s Ponderosa Pine

Owenmoney and El Tele Lobo like this.
  20. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

How is the playability of those guitars with the invisible necks? :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.