What's your least favourite guitar?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Sotakoira Musti, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

All Les pauls, the bodies just feel wrong to me. I've had and played fender type guitars, an SG and a 335 type. They're all relatively thin bodied with a wide waist. A LP just feels more like having a log tied to you than the wide plank feel I'm accustomed to.

I'm sure if i got one, played it for a week or two I'd get over it but I'm happy being ignorant.

Sotakoira Musti and 4pickupguy like this.
  2. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

[​IMG]

Moriarty and BorderRadio like this.
  3. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

Antiqua Fenders. Three bolt neck Fenders. Mid to late 70s Fender Strats and teles..
    So: Mid 70s three bolt antigua strat.

And Rickenbackers, they just aren’t my thing... Love to hear them with people who can play them. .. just not me..

4. stxrus

stxrus Friend of Leo's

Not sure what that is but it’s a strat or S type of copy... I’ll pass

5. Guitardvark

Guitardvark Tele-Meister

least favorite guitar I ever owned and never touched another was a Gibson melody maker w the double cutaway and tremolo..what a p.o.s.
    2nd least favorites were all of the PRS I owned..yes i had 2 bec i couldn't believe the 1st one was such a p.o.s I bought another one to verify it.. verified P.O.S.
    3rd least favorite guitar....Martin D 45.. wanted one all my life. D on this one stood for DEAD. That guitar was so tight I had a martin rep from the factory look at it and told me the problem was its a new D-45 and they take time to break them in. Ok my fingers are already broken. Fortunately for me GC took it back after a month and gave me full credit and ya know what? That same D-still sits on the wall. The kerfing inside was covered in glue and had been broken and put back together Shame on you Martin. Got an OM-45 that was well worn and dirt cheap for a brazilian rw with bookmatched back and side hand carved neck Synth axxess. Even got a check back for 1300 bucks with the trade in :)

that OM is my most favorite guitar now.
    When the power grid goes down and all electricity goes out and people resort to cannibalism to eat. I can still play guitar :)

6. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

I remember seeing those in the old school MF Catalogs- yuck!!
    * miss looking thru the catalog though...

7. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

Here's a real WTF?!?! Gretsch:
    IS170500002-angle-large.jpg

8. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

My least favorite type of guitar, my least favorite guitar I have ever owned, or my least favorite current guitar?
    1. Flying Vs. So dumb.
    2. That's tough. I've owned a bunch of guitars over 3 decades. I bought a Melody Maker from the mid 60s with some great 70s era mods. Fantastic sound, unstable little pencil neck made it unusable.
    3. That's easy. I've decided to move along the PRS McCarty I bought recently on Craigslist. It looks great now that it's cleaned up, it plays great, but it's not as comfy to play sitting as I'd have hoped, and it actually doesn't play or sound any better than either of my cheaper PRSs. I find the pickups are a little dark for my taste as well. I certainly don't hate it, in fact it's a lovely guitar. But I'll plow that cash into either a good tube amp or another tele!

9. guitarmoron

guitarmoron Tele-Meister

did you mean it played bad or looked bad?
    d

10. Fenderdad1950

Fenderdad1950 Tele-Meister

It was 1962, I was 12 years old and I told my dad that I wanted to play the guitar. So.... we drove from Albuquerque south to Juarez Mexico. I picked a $40 acoustic, but my dad said it was too expensive. So he bought me a $12 one. I think it was designed as a finger torture machine, because it had the highest action I have ever run across .. ever!
    Six months later, my dad confessed to me, he knew it all along, and figured if I could survive that one; then I would stick with playing the guitar. True story, and I am still playing :D

Moriarty, DFB1, skunqesh and 4 others like this.
  11. coloradojeff

coloradojeff Tele-Holic

Has to be my Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite. It's a Les Paul but has only been out of the case twice in the last 10 years.

12. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's

Same here. Have one to sell. Reminds me that solid bodies were invented for a reason.

Looks nice on the wall though.

skunqesh likes this.
  13. MattyK-USA

MattyK-USA Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

It was suggested strictly tongue-in-cheek. It's a controversial Strat style that's almost a re-issue.

Bruxist likes this.
  14. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's

Neck stability issues? I have 2 MIJ squiers that are 3-bolt (actually 3 screws as opposed to Fender's 2 screws and one bolt) and they have a great fit and feel rock solid.

4pickupguy likes this.
  15. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

Thats good news. They could have only improved that design.
    If memory serves it had “Adjust-a-tilt” engraved in the neck plate around an allen key hole that would allow you to dial in (not out) any amount of fret buzz. If you were brute enough to dead lift one of these pigs and weren’t really careful, you could wretch the neck so radically that one of the E strings would be off of the fret board. Hell, if you did it hard enough, BOTH of them would be!! The bodies were like 5 feet thick (compared to any other time in strat production) and barely contoured and OMG HEAVY!! Now slap one of those lovely antiqua finishes on that bad boy and you would have my least favorite guitar. Ever.

Bruxist likes this.
  16. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

What you talkin’ about, Willis?

4pickupguy and drf64 like this.
  17. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Generally, Jaguars, Mustangs, Moserites, Rickenbackers, and shredder guitars bug me.
    Thanks for listening.

Bruxist and 4pickupguy like this.
  18. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

Played bad. It looked great, except for having the wrong pickups and the wrong number of frets.

19. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

I play acoustic a lot.

I don’t care for Ovations because they don’t bloom with years of playing the way a solid wood guitar does. Wooden guitars sound better and better with playing and age.

Ovations do make fantastic salad bowls and garden pots.

[​IMG]

20. Doomguy

Doomguy TDPRI Member

Anything with a freaking Floyd Rose on it... I owned Jackson Rhoads for about 3 days before I returned it, just couldn't deal with it.
    Replaced it with my Ibanez S Series. Nice guitar but I can't play it standing. Too light.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.