Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What's Your Favorite Current Production Fender Amp?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Whoa Tele, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Mexi-Tele Blues

Mexi-Tele Blues TDPRI Member

Mar 7, 2018
    Westminster, CO
    The only new Fender amps I have played recently are the '68 Custom Princeton and Vibrolux Reverbs. Both sounded fantastic, although the Vibrolux was too loud for the store. The tremolo on the Princeton was divine.

2. King Fan

King Fan Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2013
    Salt Lake City
    Wait. Fender still makes amps?

3. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Meister

Jun 22, 2017
    NJ
    That's too weird!

4. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Tweed Twin reissue

Chicago Matt likes this.

5. Karaokesquirrel

Karaokesquirrel TDPRI Member

Dec 18, 2017
    Massachusetts
    I just got a 57 Custom Champ and it is wonderful!

6. WineCaster

WineCaster Tele-Meister

Jul 12, 2012
    Oshkosh, Wisconsin
    My vote goes for DRRI. When I’m not in the phase of running a boutique amp I’m playin a DRRI with (tubes and speaker swap).

I’d love to try the Vibroverb Reissue and I wonder who in the world would pay Fender prices for their Tweed Deluxe and Champ models.

7. radiocaster

radiocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2015
    europe
    Now that they discontinued the Pawn Shop series I don't have much of a choice.

That paisley Princeton Reverb is gorgeous, the blue flower one is cool too, the new silverface PR sounds great in the demos. There's no way I'd pay that much for something like that though.

8. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 6, 2012
    North of Boston
    I use to play a Hot Rod DeVille. I've been in love with the Blues Jr since I stopped gigging regularly and put the DeVille in the basement. I would love one of the all wood (I think they did Mahogany ones) Hot Rods or Blues Jrs. in the future or even a Bassman.

9. always a Super Reverb.

blackguts and Mike Simpson like this.

10. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

There are many I haven’t tried and I currently own none (I have an old Fender and a clone of one). Of the many I tried, those I especially liked were
    - a 57 Custom Deluxe
    - a 68 Vibrolux Reverb
    - a 65 DRRI … one out of the many 65, 68 and 64 DRs I’ve tried and for unfathomable reasons the one that sounded best.

Frankly, as for the guitars, I am interested in pretty much everything in their reissue or reissue-ish lines… awesome stuff and, for me, THE amps I want.

11. Karaokesquirrel

Karaokesquirrel TDPRI Member

Dec 18, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Actually I did just buy a 57 Custom Champ, and for me it was worth every penny. It was ~ $100 more than a Swart and $250 less than a Victoria 518 and certainly as well built as either one.
    If you want a high quality hand wired tube amp, beautifully built with great components, the Fender 57 Customs are a great choice; they sound amazing, and I like to support Fender when they do something this well!

12. Art VanDelay

Art VanDelay Tele-Holic

May 20, 2018
    Arcata
    I want the 007 head. Looks sharp and I love low wattage Class A.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Karaokesquirrel likes this.

13. Recce

Recce Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    I am playing through a 68 Princeton Reverb Reissue right now but also like the 68 Vibrolux Reverb Reissue. The Vibrolux because it has two speakers can sound fuller. I own both.

14. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

'65 TRRI.

Also curious about the George Benson sig model TR, how the Neo speakers work in a Twin.

15. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

Nov 15, 2010
    Texas
    Bassman 59 and the '68 Custom line.

sabuchan likes this.

16. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

May 19, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    If I had to pick ONE currently produced Fender amp, it'd be the EC Twinolux.

17. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    For me it's my Mustang GT40 on the '65 DR amp model with the '57 deluxe cab model driven by a Klone, for its ability to replicate a cranked BF tone at whisper volume in my tiny studio apartment with paper thin walls.
    For actual volume levels, it's a '65 DRRI, or even better (and louder still), a Super Reverb reissue.

18. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Meister

Oct 1, 2017
    italy
    Champion 40, pure solid state / digital, 159 euro unbeatable. ;);)

19. Donny Osmond fan

Donny Osmond fan Tele-Meister

May 6, 2018
    Uknown.
    None I'm a Vox, Kustom Tuck And Roll, And PRS man myself. I also like vintage amplifiers. Gibson, Gretsch etc... :twisted:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.