Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What's Your Favorite Current Production Fender Amp?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Whoa Tele, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Whoa Tele

Whoa Tele Tele-Afflicted

Mar 20, 2009
    Smyrna Ga.
    Just curious to see what everyone likes these days. Over the years I've owned Bassman and Blackface Deluxe and Princeton reissues. I also think the 68 Custom series is pretty cool.

Fiesta Red likes this.

2. theprofessor

theprofessor Friend of Leo's

Aug 8, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    65 Princeton Reverb Reissue with 10" Jensen (reissue) ceramic speaker. I also really like the 68 Custom Vibrolux Reverb.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Kreepy and AlbertaGriff like this.

3. Bowpickins

Bowpickins TDPRI Member

May 29, 2018
    Somewhere In TX
    I have a 65 Deluxe reverb reissue and Mustang 3 v2.
    I really liked the 68 custom Deluxe reverb when I tried it.

4. maxvintage

maxvintage Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Arlington, VA

5. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

Mar 11, 2009
    Sand Land
    I'm 70 and I don't care how heavy it is. It's worth it.

[​IMG]

6. schmee

schmee Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2003
    northwest
    BFDR RI
    Blues Deluxe

7. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's

Oct 1, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I want a new hand wired ‘64 Deluxe Reverb. The only amp on my current wish list that I haven’t owned (except maybe also a vintage Mesa Mark 1).

I also like the ‘65 RI’s and ‘68 Custom series of Fender amps. All winners.

FRESHMEAT and Chip.Lindsey like this.

8. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    '59 Bassman... All day, every day.

Although, if they'd turn the Joe Bonamassa HP Twin into a regular production amp, that would be for the win!

Fiesta Red and swany like this.

9. ifallalot

ifallalot Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Feb 24, 2012
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Supersonic 22. Loud, versatile, and small enough to take anywhere.

The "Vintage" channel sounds better than my 68 CDR did on either channel, and I can dial in all kinds of great OD and more from the Burn channel

That being said, I'd love to have either of of the 4X10 combos...

XpensiveWino and Shango66 like this.

10. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2005
    North Texas
    I like a lot of current production Fender amps, but if I had to pick one, it’d probably be the 68 Vibrolux. Never owned one but I’ve really liked the ones I’ve tried.

11. Andy B

Andy B Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Mar 16, 2003
    Colorado
    1973 Fender Bandmaster Reverb played through an Altec 418B in an old Univox can.

RoscoeElegante likes this.

12. Syrinx

Syrinx Tele-Meister

Aug 7, 2016
    Champaign illinois
    Fender makes too many great amps now-but I would say one of the custom tweeds or the deluxe reverb ltd with the alnico

13. Whoa Tele

Whoa Tele Tele-Afflicted

Mar 20, 2009
    Smyrna Ga.
    Hey Andy.while I know that Bandmaster sounds sweet I was actually asking about current production Fender amps.

FrontPU likes this.

14. Larmo63

Larmo63 Tele-Holic

Feb 1, 2018
    Timbuktu, Earth
    I agree with the hand wired BF DRRI. I played through one at a small guitar store here.

Nothing can touch it that they have in the store, although it's around $2500.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018

15. LudwigvonBirk

LudwigvonBirk Tele-Holic

Aug 26, 2017
    Madison
    My son and I crashed the stealth soft-opening Madison branch of Dave's Guitar (of LaCrosse WI) on Friday. They had a really awesome sounding silver DRRI that we both tried. Very tasty sounding, better than I expected.

Son was ***dying*** to buy it on the spot but I reminded him he needs to direct his current meager earnings to things like rent, his OWN cel phone plan, save for a car etc. He has 3 amps already including a home brew 5e3 we built together, and a Mesa F-50. And a real SG and several homebrew guitars. He can thank me later. My dad made me return a Vox Super Beatle monster cab and a Sunn 200w head that I bought for $100 when I was my son's age... and 20 years later I thanked him.

Oh and. The new handwired DR, yeah that's pricey. But you get a warrantee, and down the road that one is going to keep up a decent resale value, moreso than pretty much any clone (conversely, high quality clones with no branding will get cheaper and cheaper I bet, and I'm going to be scrounging for those for sure! Ex: what's a really nicely wired Mojotone-parts Super going to sell for in 5 years- $300? Count me in on that trend)

bottlenecker likes this.

16. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2003
    The North Coast
    I'm not really a fan of Fender amps, but if I had to pick one, like it was a matter of life and death, I'd take the '68 TRRI.

I can also make a 2x12 Hot Rod DeVille sound pretty much like a Marshall, so that's good.

I never get upset when I run into either of these on a back-lined stage. I can deal with them.

17. Telecastoff1

Telecastoff1 Tele-Meister

Apr 28, 2009
    Minnesota
    It would have to be a '65 TRRI...Big, clean tone that stays clean almost all the way up. Twin Reverb and a Telecaster together is a deadly combination.

18. I've got the Bassbreaker 007 1x10" combo and it's a great little amp, the more i hear it the more i think it's great. Unfortunately my living circumstances at the moment means it has gone into storage for the foreseeable future. Hopefully it will come out again soon, fingers crossed.

19. sockgtr

sockgtr Tele-Meister

Mar 3, 2016
    Portland, OR
    Princeton 65 followed by Bassman 59.

Oddly enough, those are the ones I own :)

Obsessed likes this.

20. markal

markal Tele-Holic

Mar 24, 2016
    Colorado
    I’ve never owned a Fender. Well, I had one of the small Mustangs a few years ago. But I’ve tested a bunch and I like the ‘68 Custom Deluxe Reverb and the ‘68 Custom Vibrolux Reverb. If I were going to splurge, it would be the Vibrolux Reverb.

FRESHMEAT likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.