What's this vintage Tele and amp worth?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by christhee68, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

Don't care much for the guitar but I love the amp! I've owned a few Music Man Amps and if the preamp section hasn't started to develop a bad hiss this amp is about $400.00 to $700.00 range but if it has started to hiss, which will become noticeable when the volume is @2 its about $100.00. These things are very expensive to repair or use to be. That's why I've owned a few. I found its simply cheaper to get another one that pay the repair.

2. Rickeyd

Rickeyd TDPRI Member

You know. As I sit here reading these posts, I realize something. All you so called "Authority figures" on the Telecaster have started your own little "click". Right or wrong, your buddies will stick with you no matter what.
    In ALL your vast knowledge, and believing in yourself you still haven't figured out how to admit when your wrong.
    You have your cute little sayings like "troll alert" when you can't think of anything intelligent to say. You say "Hit him again Jack. He is crazy". Now THAT took brain power.
    And this so called "Doctor of Teleocity", all he can do is think of smart little quips like, "He trying to spread his vast knowledge over on tele tech also". I haven't heard enough knowledge come from him to let him work on a Kazoo.
    You can say what you like about my opinions or knowledge of Telecasters if it makes you feel better about your selves. After this post, I'm outa here. My IQ is begining to get sore from all this......whatever you call it. But one thing is for sure. My company has been a growing success for 15 years. HAS YOURS?

3. meric

meric Tele-Holic

Well, that was clear! Please give me the name of the company you work for... I would like to read more of your brand of wisdom on Teles and such...

4. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

his company is called TeleMasters and doesnt exist as far as you can google it.

"Right now I own a company called TeleMasters"

"Sorry to be a drag guys, but that guitar only has 21 frets. That makes it a re-decaled squier. A Fender tele has 22"

This alone tells us hes a troll. Its pretty funny actually I hope he doesnt leave, as I wanna read more gems of knowledge.

5. 62 Jazzmaster

62 Jazzmaster Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

6. hopper

hopper Tele-Meister

I just signed on here recently, after years of Google searches kept leading me here. I basically wanted to see the pics.

You don't have to be an expert to know how many frets a guitar is supposed to have. I have three Fender Telecasters and one Squier Bullet Tele. Can anyone guess which one has 22 frets? ;)

7. surfoverb

depends which model.Some Teles do have 22 frets, but most have 21. To say "its not a Fender " because it has 21 or to say "It must be a Squier" because it has 22 just doesnt make any sense.

Guess what country spit this beast out:
    [​IMG]

8. edodo

edodo TDPRI Member

So no neck pocket and neck butts photos? That will clarify a lot!

9. hopper

hopper Tele-Meister

Yeah, surfoverb, you're right. It was a trick question. Aren't 22 fret Fenders a fairly recent phenomenon, though?

i'm not a big fan of taking necks off unless it's necessary.

I'll guess that beast is a Squier... ummm... from China?

10. surfoverb

not really, 1962 .on Teles I dunno as early as 1981.

11. television

television Tele-Meister

My only suspicion about this tele are the string holes on the back of the guitar...raised a bit of a red flag. But, I went to ebay and found that there are a couple of 74 teles on ebay right now that look just like this guitar. The photos of these ebay teles seem to show string holes on the back as being slightly misaligned. Just my 2 cents.

Rickeyd...as for your comments...come on man...you must be a troll...if not, you are embarrassing yourself. To claim you work on vintage fenders...and then to state that this tele is a re-labeled squier because it only has 21 frets...well, that speaks for itself.

12. Steve365

Steve365 Tele-Meister

There's not even a TeleMasters company in California that is invlolved with guitars.
    There is an investment company called Tele-Masters, but that's it.
    I don't see anything about the inventions TeleMasters has patented for the Telecaster, either (that he brought up in another thread).

I don't know about the troll thing...maybe it's just a kid. I can't imagine a guy playing vintage Teles for 40 years having such grossly erroneous basic knowledge of Tele's. Basic knowledge like when CBS took over....that there were no Squiers in the 70's, let alone '74

Regardless...it was a POS move to come on the OP's thread and say what he did. That's why the backlash.

13. ringodingo

ringodingo Tele-Holic

[​IMG]
    Great photos. In the reflection I see a wristwatch and left hand of a married man holding what looks like a digital camera.
    There's only one problem: in 1974 the digital camera was a dream that didn't start coming to fruition until the late 1980s. This anachronism raises some questions.;)
    So if it's an early 70s Tele, I ask myself, "Did anything good come out of the 70s?(besides the Carol Burnett show)":p

There's a tonne of acronyms for POS but I think I know the one you mean and it's not Parents Over Shoulder, Point of Sale or Proof of Shipment.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  14. Steve365

Steve365 Tele-Meister

This thread is getting ridiculous. The OP never said the photos were from 1974...he said he just took them right in his first post.

:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  15. mellecaster

mellecaster Former Member

And what leads you to think anyone stated the Pics were taken back then ?

This thread is indeed gettin Stranger by the moment.....:confused:

16. Cajun1

Cajun1 Tele-Holic

Well, You obviously have not been here long. Mellecaster has been a wealth of knowledge on this board for quite some time. You don't get the respect that he has from all of us here at TDPRI by offering bad advice and showing your lack of knowlege about all things Tele. If you want to get into a discussion about whether we will listen to you (Rickeyd) over a guy who has consistently offered sound advice as well as having many satisfied customers here...I doubt you'd like the outcome.

17. backalleyblues

backalleyblues Friend of Leo's

possible that the ferrules are correct, and that they are at different levels of flushness-the camera angle would exaggerate something like that, so to me it's no biggie... otherwise, looks like a great example of a mid 70s telecaster, and there ain't nuthin wrong with that!!!

I'd peg the value at the lower end of $2,000ish, mainly 'cuz the economy is so bad right now... and the amp ~500... jmo, of course...

Franc Robert

18. HOBBSTER01

HOBBSTER01 Friend of Leo's

19. spook69

spook69 Tele-Holic

Dang, I've been found out. LoL!

20. ThinlineSwamp

ThinlineSwamp Tele-Meister

You're pretty dang bold and ignorant for a newcomer.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.