Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

What's this ad free member designation?

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by 8barlouie, Apr 18, 2017.

1. studio

studio Poster Extraordinaire

May 27, 2013
    California
    Stop. Yer gonna get me in trouble........again.

soulman969 likes this.
  2. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    Really? I think you are just saying that. You're really going to reply to almost anything? Really? This is just a yes or no question.

Maybe this is for a new post, but let me also ask: what's your favorite letter of the alphabet?

3. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    Heeeyyyy, guess who has 14k+ posts. and is inching right along.

E5RSY likes this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Meister

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    If adverts support the site why is anyone complaining about them?

Most adverts I get are guitar based or for chromebooks - no pain for me

I don't mind adverts being tailored to follow my browsing habits. Doesn't that make them better for me?

Isn't it hostile to this site to recommend adverts being blocked on it and to cut its income?

8barlouie likes this.
  6. RLee77

RLee77 Tele-Afflicted

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    I've tried for years to become ad free, but I can't shake it; it's an addiction. I just can't stop clicking on them.

8barlouie likes this.
  7. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    In general I agree - but do a medical search, or one of those "double meaning" words, and you will be surprised by the amount of expletive that show up in ads.

For example, google the Russian Grand Prix, and you will probably start seeing Russian brides show up.

My daughter was asking about someone's wedding; their colors were country blue and coco brown. She googled that to see what it would look like, and found coco brown is a popular stripper name. Guess what her ads started to look like? I showed her how to clear her advertising history for that one.

But, like I said, in general...

8. 8barlouie

8barlouie Tele-Afflicted

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA
    What happens to your vendor banner? Does the ad banner go above it, or below? BTW I prefer to look at it as a sash.

9. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    Vendors that have Ad Free only show the Vendor banner. We have turned off banner stacking and given the Vendor banner higher priority in the display of banners.

10. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Meister

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    I am just off to google russian coco brown 15 times in a row: see u later

11. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm getting all these ads for men over 50 but none of it sound like something I'd want to do. Explode at the gym?!

12. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Meister

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    My own explosion meant being rebuilt with mesh and having to spend a month in bed convalescing - why would anyone try to adverise an inguinal hernia?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.