Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What's the deal with Buckethead?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrutherBill

BrutherBill Tele-Meister

Feb 28, 2007
    Northern Illinois

2. jkingma

jkingma Super Moderator Staff Member

3. HOBBSTER01

HOBBSTER01 Friend of Leo's

Nov 23, 2007
    Ringgold, Ga.
    Glad you liked it.
    Told you he was actually John Mayer.

4. ddewerd

ddewerd Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I don't know if these have been posted here before (sorry if they have...)

I wonder what he'd sound like playing these chicken pickin' licks on a Tele?

This one starts at about 2:00

Weird dude, not really my style, but he does play some nice licks that aren't all "shreddy"

Cheers,
    Doug

5. Chickenman

Chickenman NEW MEMBER!

Feb 11, 2009
    USA
    Hey guys, I thought I'd act as an advocate for Buckethead here. He is my favorite artist ever. Period. He has inspired me more than anyone, and rarely do people see what he is really about. People seem to judge him automatically on appearance. I never judge a book by its cover, and I do the same with guitarists! Listen to the music! Who cares how he chooses to dress or perform. The music is what it's all about it. He does his own thing, and I respect that more than the people on the radio who put out music for the money. I thought I'd share just a few videos of him to show what he's all about. This is just the tip of the iceberg

Padmasana--Off of his Electric Tears album. 70 minutes of just clean hypnotic electric guitar.

Soothsayer--Epic song

Here he is performing with Les Claypool, Bernie Worrell, and Brain. This is a fully improvised performance. Just amazing.

Beaten With Sledges -- A good song showcasing his experimental side. Also, how heavy some of his stuff is.

I don't expect to automatically convert anyone here to fans. But, hopefully you can respect him a little more.

6. boynamedsuse

boynamedsuse TDPRI Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Arizona
    Time for a bump? The Soothsayer and buckethead claypool videos have moved or been deleted. Here are a couple "new" replacements.

Not too crazy about Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, but here you go anyway. :arrow:

Edit: Hmm--no Flash Player 10 for me (running Linux). I hope you can see them. If not, I bet you can figure out how to find them. :)

Edit 2: Thanks octatonic! I checked out your code and saw how I should have entered it. :p

7. octatonic

octatonic Poster Extraordinaire

Just call me link-fixer...

I particularly like his work with Bill Laswell- the Praxis projects.

8. hobbes007450

hobbes007450 Tele-Meister

Apr 11, 2010
    Auckland, NZ
    that baby can't play guitar! it exploded! (didn't it)

9. J-man

J-man Super Moderator Staff Member

Apr 25, 2004
    North Wales
    Admin Post
    Please don't revive old threads!

Closed.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.