Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What's the best quality short scale guitar?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by KidTelecaster, May 25, 2010.

1. ShivaBlaster

ShivaBlaster TDPRI Member

Sep 10, 2013
    edmonton

Thought I'd revive this old thread as I was looking for the exact same thing as the original poster. I had always wanted a Jaguar, but it was never really in the budget, and I didn't want any CIM crap. Stumbled across the exact guitar the guy I'm quoting was talking about. It is a 2007 CIJ Fender Jaguar HH Special Edition......originally sold for $1000, found one on kijiji for $400 today and jumped all over it!

Just got home and spent the last hour playing this guitar......I'm filled with mixed emotions: pure joy, because this guitar is absolutely made for me, and sadness realizing that I should have been playing a Jaguar all these years. I've owned all sorts of guitars, Teles, Strats, but have smaller hands and had a hard time with some chords and got fatigued/cramped very quickly on the bigger necks and longer scaled guitars.

The fit and finish on this guitar is impeccable. Put together just as well if not better than some American Fenders I've picked up. The black and chrome with stained neck and painted headstock makes for one sexy, striking guitar! The controls, while intimidating at first, are actually very intuitive to use and provide amazing tones out of 2 circuits, a lead and rhythm. The humbuckers are a nice change (as I own all single coil guitars), and good quality. This baby even has a hi-pass filter switch which can be used to get that Tele twang -like. The neck plays like an absolute dream and the action is the lowest of any guitar I've owned while having zero fret fuzz. The small "vintage size" frets and stained neck make it very fast to play, along with the shorter scale of coarse. I'm not a fan of the old Jag tremolo, so was very happy that this model came with the fixed tailpiece.

I am absolutely in love with this guitar, and recommend it to anyone looking for a versatile, high quality, short-scale guitar at a fantastic price!

Attached Files:

2. Hoodster

Hoodster Tele-Afflicted

Feb 3, 2007
    Oregon

3. TeleAnthony

TeleAnthony Tele-Meister

Sep 13, 2010
    Maryland, USA
    How about the PRS SE 245? 24.5 scale. Have only heard about online; never seen touched or played it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.