Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What's on your workbench today?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by guitarbuilder, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Inglese

Inglese Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2018
    Italy
    C.I.A.C. i.e. Cab In A Cage, a passive load plus passive cabinet simulator with redonance control and voicing.

[​IMG]

PingGuo, Zepfan, 2blue2 and 5 others like this.

2. MoMo_the_Peach

MoMo_the_Peach TDPRI Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Australia
    My new walnut 7string build with pickups mounted directly in the body with no pickup rings. Hand chiseled the pickup cavities. Not perfect but I’m happy with the result. IMG_1419.JPG

Jackadder, Maricopa, PingGuo and 11 others like this.

3. TreblaNitram

TreblaNitram TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Everett, WA
    1532803957277.jpg

Cleaning up this old Electra I traded some hi-hats for about 15 years ago and has been sitting at my parents place. I didn't like the Kahler someone had put on it and couldn't get a sound out of it I loved back then but I figured I'd revisit it as I don't have any other trem equipped guitars and it's neat.

4. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

I have a couple mpc's here. I collected all the effects modules about 15 years ago.

PingGuo likes this.

5. TreblaNitram

Jul 16, 2017
    Everett, WA
    Neat. This one is an x-240 it does not have the effects modules, just the funky 5 way switch.

guitarbuilder likes this.

6. sergiomajluf

sergiomajluf Tele-Meister

Sep 26, 2015
    Santiago, Chile
    Off the workbench:
    1532834273717.jpg

And on the workbench
    1532834310651.jpg

I'm amazed at the 24" scale on this one. After being quasi obsessed with the baritone conversion neck from a previous build this shorter neck is quite refreshing

7. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

Very nice Sergio!

sergiomajluf likes this.

8. Clinchriver

Clinchriver Tele-Meister

Apr 28, 2012
    Andersonville, TN
    Do what you have to do to maximize the saddle height, run them up and get the tremolo body lower, the increased break angle wakes these up. Pretty guitar

TreblaNitram likes this.

9. Steveinthesticks

Steveinthesticks Tele-Meister

May 11, 2006
    Austin
    Very cool, Is this your design or from a schematic/kit? Just moved into a condo with neighbors on both walls and thinking through my options...

Arch Stanton likes this.

10. Inglese

Inglese Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2018
    Italy
    When starting this design I found RedBox passive schematic you can fine in the net is a good starting point.

Arch Stanton likes this.

11. TreblaNitram

Jul 16, 2017
    Everett, WA
    So raise the saddles via the 6 way adjustment thing or with the thumb screws under the front of the bridge? Also how am I supposed to intonate when the screw is under the string?

12. Old Tele Hack

Old Tele Hack Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2017
    Virginia
    I haven't seen an Electra MPC since I sold mine in 1983..... Do the effects modules still work?

13. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    Well they've been sitting in a cabinet for about 15-20 years appreciating in value. I hope they still work. I went through a MPC phase, Supro phase, Kay phase.... lots of phases.

14. s_tones

s_tones Tele-Holic

Nov 10, 2013
    central CA
    State of the Wheelz 2018. You'll have to pardon the orange peel. This is pre-wetsand after spraying in heat so a bit rougher than usual. But the new contours are evident. No more "flats". More organic, smooth curves. Pick ups well mated to the body curves.

Another first: TruOil'd the fretboard. Not entirely by choice - this snakewood (unlike the last two) developed microcracks. Really not noticable except under close scrutiny, but annoying. The TruOil did a very nice job of filling those. My first time with it and I have to say I'm impressed. Creates an almost waxy finish. Very smooth but non sticky. I will likely do the next entire neck in TruOil.

IMG_4900.JPG

2blue2, eallen, Arch Stanton and 3 others like this.

15. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

Phase Marty?
    I have two vintage Kays and a vintage Silvertone. All have had their fretboards smoothly finished and have been refretted with Jascar Evo mini jumbo frets which in color looks like the original brass garbage frets. These guitars are MONSTERS! I am happy.
    Rob

guitarbuilder likes this.

16. Jackadder

Jackadder Tele-Meister

Jun 12, 2014
    Western Australia
    TruOiling the whitebait huon/blackwood body (4lb precisely) - man, the huon is so soft dry-fitting a pickguard has kicked off the relicing :(...I was going to slather it with CA to harden it but got carried away and forgot...oh, and it's not so white anymore after the oiling... The neck is Tasmanian myrtle, q-sawn and dense, with one of the old wandoo floorboard stash for a fretboard. Not sure whether to go 21 fret or 22, hence the strange looking heel - please don't look too hard, you'll dent the top!

Huon.jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018

17. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    I found a vandalized Alvarez Acoustic Guitar in many many pieces and the top was slightly burned around the neck area. It was in a Fred's store parking lot.
    I picked up all the pieces. I can at least use the fretboard, trussrod, tuners and bridge for another build and maybe use what's left of the top and bottom for some other build as well.
    Just saddens me to see a instrument torn up like this.

2blue2 likes this.

18. Jackadder

Jackadder Tele-Meister

Jun 12, 2014
    Western Australia
    Wandoo floorboard/fretboard, with plugged nail hole:

fretboard.jpg

2blue2, Blue Bill, eallen and 3 others like this.

19. cleanheadsteve

cleanheadsteve Tele-Meister

Mar 4, 2010
    Arkansas
    120 year old pine and oak waiting to become something. IMG_20180730_150444.jpeg IMG_20180730_150527.jpeg

2blue2 and Macrogats like this.

20. cleanheadsteve

cleanheadsteve Tele-Meister

Mar 4, 2010
    Arkansas
    And that ain't even counting this. IMG_20180730_150341.jpeg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.