Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What's on your workbench today?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by guitarbuilder, Nov 26, 2011.

1. nickhofen

nickhofen Friend of Leo's

Helmut there are three logos on the wood ,so you have one more post, no worries!!!:p:D
    Nice work mate!

Mark Grant likes this.

2. hopdybob

hopdybob Tele-Holic

May 28, 2008
    netherlands
    well, i would watch out with that name. its just two little points Knorr or Knörr, but i would not get their lawyers on your doorstep. ;-)
    https://www.knorr.com/nl/home.html

3. hopdybob

hopdybob Tele-Holic

May 28, 2008
    netherlands
    that neck is locking great for a first build. i could not do it better, say, i can't do this at all ;-)

4. I_build_my_own

I_build_my_own Friend of Leo's

Mar 9, 2012
    New York
    Well, unless I start putting Custom Soups on the logo, I might be good. :D

Barncaster and Mark Grant like this.

5. Mark Grant

Mark Grant Tele-Afflicted

Oct 27, 2012
    Northern California
    Jazz Bass pickups for Mad Mike Johnson of Carter Winter. Took the specs from a fantastic 1965 Jazz Bass down to the magnet charge levels. Plain enamel wire, heavy scatter pattern. 8.3k ohm bridge, 7.9k ohm neck RWRP of course.

IMG_8784.JPG IMG_8791.JPG IMG_8793.JPG

6. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

That’s how you do it!

Mark Grant and RogerC like this.

7. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Oklamerica
    Gotta tell you, Mark, whenever I see the ACW, I always fee like this, knowing its back story and all the coolness it's spawned.

[​IMG]

Mark Grant likes this.

8. Mark Grant

Oct 27, 2012
    Northern California
    Forever grateful for Rob's generosity and gifts. The ACW-1 just keeps going. After I got it from Rob I replaced the 3/8" axle with a 1/2" cold rolled steel rod and swapped the wheelbarrow bearings for some bronze flange bearings. Made a little metal dash board as well that holds the digital counter (I think Rick gave that to Rob). Anyhow, after the overhaul the thing winds perfect coils and I see no reason to replace it. TDPRI history.

Barncaster and RogerC like this.

9. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 6, 2012
    North of Boston
    It's too bad this needed so much planning.... it's very cool looking
    Sadly it's finished thickness is only 1.50.
    IMG_5943.JPG
    Back
    IMG_5944.JPG
    Check out the bug holes on this thing :eek:
    IMG_5945.JPG

:eek:
    IMG_5946.JPG

I'm thinking about a back cap but it's not what I had intended :cry::mad:

10. RogerC

Mar 30, 2011
    Oklamerica
    DrASATele and Barncaster like this.

11. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    Not on my workbench, no pics, and not guitar related. It seems like that happens more often than it used to these days, so here's my non guitar related contribution.

I test drove a Red 2016 392 hemi challenger today. 475 HP is pretty darn cool. The monthly payment with my R/T trade in just didn't cut it for my fiscally responsible nature....so no deal.

Stock photo

https://www.google.com/search?q=201...nczbAhXh64MKHWjJDOcQ_AUICygC&biw=1244&bih=611

12. RogerC

Mar 30, 2011
    Oklamerica
    Come on, this is a guitar forum! This place wouldn't even exist if it weren't for us ignoring our fiscally responsible nature :lol:

13. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County

It was 2 years old with less than 10K miles on it too. Would have doubled my monthly payment though. Deal breaker.

GunsOfBrixton likes this.

14. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

Nitrous Marty, nitrous...

guitarbuilder likes this.

15. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta
    To heck with the payments Marty! Go for the Demon! You know you want to.. :D

guitarbuilder likes this.

16. 2blue2

2blue2 Friend of Leo's

Jul 20, 2013
    Island of Oahu
    Working on a poplar snake head

9F14BC44-9662-44E4-9E01-91BD496A0F8A.jpeg

Esquire style fun.

17. Mark Grant

Oct 27, 2012
    Northern California
    Flying T in Korina fresh off the bench.

IMG_8809.JPG IMG_8806.JPG IMG_8811.JPG

18. nickhofen

nickhofen Friend of Leo's

One piece Alder Jagstang body, painted sonic blue.
    Above my workbench...:D
    34365969_2105437453070909_1814665232073621504_n.jpg 35143381_2109731122641542_6375508565817294848_n.jpg

richa, fidopunk, 2blue2 and 11 others like this.

19. Mark Grant

Oct 27, 2012
    Northern California
    Headstock repair on a Gibson Les Paul. What a pathetic design Gibson has been running with for so long. Amazing anybody would consider spending money on something that’s guaranteed to fail. This fell face first on carpet off a guitar stand. At least the break was clean and the repair came out really nice.

IMG_8799.JPG IMG_8802.JPG IMG_8803.JPG

Blue Bill, Maricopa, fidopunk and 4 others like this.

20. P Bill

P Bill Tele-Meister

Feb 21, 2018
    Range View, Australia
    It's funny how an idea can pull itself together.

This is a new guitar, pickups not working, that I bought for hardware. I have a blackwood droptop, blackwood fb, maple neck, black dots, black guard tele on the go and haven't ordered anything yet.

To make a story a bit shorter, I really like this guitar! I kept going back to it and finally tuned it. It's been played a fair bit, no pickups, the last two days. It's a very resonate guitar. The build quality is surprisingly good enough. Other than the control cavity being badly out of plumb, there's not much work to do on it. The body is one piece of something very light, probably tropical. The frets are all seated and ends finished.

I'm going to try stewmac golden age tele pickups and their pot/switch kit in this one

The burst photographed funny. In person, no red is apparent at all and the light area is more brown. It's a lovely warm tobacco burst. (Those aren't chips on the body, just big bits of dust.)

The headstock has enough room for the tele line. I want to keep the 'Legend' logo, the line will have to be tweaked a bit to make it work. Both sides of the head at the nut need to be brought into line. This will move the carving back some and allow for a snappy volute. At this point, I want the new tele line on the headstock to be right off the bandsaw.

So a classic look gets added to the heap. WooHoo!

DSC02931 - 25%.jpg DSC02934 - 25%.jpg

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.