Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by guitarbuilder, Nov 26, 2011.
Yes, I agree - that does look good.
12000 replies...plus one and almost 1.25 million views....
I'm super excited that you went ahead with the pop-up pots!
A few ebony bucker rings , lost 2 of em taking them off the double sided tape , they had stress cracks that didn't show until they were handled . Oh well , at least I got 2 pairs .
Thanks for originating this thread Marty................probably the most watched and contributed article on the internet, and possibly the most useful.
@chris214 @Macrogats I made it, by taking the thin plastic sheet used for posters, I put contact paper on it. I then took spray adhesive and attached an acrylic Jazzmaster pickguard to it. Lastly I cut it out. Don’t recommend this method, my fingers hated me
Very nice idea Herb and the rings looks so good,great work!
+1 on that Dave!
Thanks . The original one started back on the Rec Music Makers Rec newsgroup . This thread goes back to 1998. This is about the same time that TDP started I think.
Me too. Lovely work!
Got my body routs done..... the pickups fit in nicely...
I drill through the neck pocket to the control rout for my neck PU wiring channel wiring. then fill with a dowel plug.......
I use a welding rod hammered into a spade bit to do my pilot holes.... then push the bigger twist drill through....
this pine is incredibly hard...... smokes and burns bits... 36C here today... the shellac sure dries fast....
the body weighs 4.5 Lbs after routing.....
Finally off the bench, the roasted alder blackguard...
Q-sawn blackwood neck/wandoo fretboard, Onamac Robben Fords in 3-way, Babic bridge, Earvana nut, Evo jumbo frets, Grover locking Rotomatics, TruOil finish....
Weighs in at 3222g (7.1lb), feels good in hand.....
Some work done this weekend. I'm pretty happy that this...
...turned into this...
... and not into a massive catastrophe!
Purpleheart going on the CNC today .
My brain is broken after this one. Removed the stock controls for a POG, installed 6 pots, a 4PDT switch, bi-color LED, and now I have a 2 channel POG.
Candy to my eyes!
Here's more for your sweet tooth Nick . For the cutting specs I use a .063" bit for the holes and profiles and a 90* v - bit for the countersink . I run the .063 bit at 18,000 rpm @ 50 IPM and .035" depth per pass . Takes a few minutes longer using the small bit but it also saves me a bit change so some time is made up there . Total cut time for all 6 rings was 18 minutes , that was with one bit change
2 pcs of Bubinga 14 1/4 x30" x 1" and 13 1/2x 30"x1"
Now what to build
Haven't built one for myself for quite a while. This one is a 1-1/2" alder body with a maple/rosewood neck. I bought a loaded Thinline pickguard from a fellow TDPRIer and re-cut the guard to fit. This will be my first humbucker guitar and I'm looking forward to playing it at all the 'noisy' joints!
Finish is a quick and dirty rattle can job, might have some pin striping added later, we'll see.
that's a wikkid PG!
Thanks. It started out like this.