Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What's on your workbench today?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by guitarbuilder, Nov 26, 2011.

1. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

It's alive.... quite bright for HB's... nice and quiet, too... I swapped out the .022 cap for a .047 to take a bit of the edge out.. I'm using 500K pots T&V....

A nice low action with a thin profile on the old Squier neck, intonation is good ..it should suit the kid...:)

Valstang strung up1.jpg Valstang strung up body.jpg

Arch Stanton likes this.

2. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 3, 2010
    Spain
    Oh listen to you! Tomorrow will be the big day. I'm going to wire them passively with a master tone. The whole Strat 3 pup, two tone controls with no bridge tone control is weird! Anyway, passive it is!

3. Barncaster

Feb 3, 2010
    Spain
    This is cool! What will you use for drivers? Will they be coaxial drivers? Are the cross-overs built-in?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. I_build_my_own

I_build_my_own Friend of Leo's

Mar 9, 2012
    New York
    Tap.... tap.... you know I set the alerm clock and got up at 7:30AM, put on my best outfit and a tie so I am adequately dressed for the occasion, login to TDPRI and still nothing. Tap... tap ...

John Nicholas, adirondak5 and Mat UK like this.

6. Mark Grant

Mark Grant Tele-Holic Vendor Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Northern California
    IMG_2209.JPG IMG_2208.JPG IMG_2206.JPG IMG_2203.JPG

Loaded this one up with an A5 set. Almost ready to start cutting demo tracks. Always loved this '59 transitional scheme.

moosie, Axis29, DrASATele and 10 others like this.

7. Deneb

Deneb Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Ukraine, Dnipro
    Mark,
    very nice work. What is this "semi ashtray" bridge?

8. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    Really nice one. What pickups are those?

Barncaster likes this.

9. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.

And you know it's a precision German metronome so those taps are perfectly spaced . . . Unlike my cheap Walmart metronome tap..tap.......tap...tap.tap.......taptap...tap........but it's still tapping, and Helmut's suit is starting to chafe him . . . .:D

Barncaster and RogerC like this.

10. Mark Grant

Oct 27, 2012
    Northern California
    Thank you for the nice words. This is a Gotoh In-Tune bridge. I have them in-stock if you are interested in one (-:

11. Deneb

Deneb Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Ukraine, Dnipro
    Very nice bridge.
    Thank you for your kindness, but I do not know what my next project will be.
    Although, I'm contemplate a Telecaster..:)

Mark Grant likes this.

12. Meteorman

Meteorman Tele-Holic

Dec 23, 2012
    State College PA
    Tang extension welded on, shaped, and inlet. (S-hook is JBWelded on barrel temporarily - allows lifting barrel straight up when removing. If you pry it up from the muzzle end, the tang bends. Steel elongates when bent & bent back. Not good)
    Extra wood on fore end slabbed off.
    Barrel has to be stored/clamped in the stock from now on. That long slender length of maple, released from thickness, would love to twist and warp. Just like a tele neck, only worse due to length & thinness.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fidopunk, koolaide, RogerC and 4 others like this.

13. Barncaster

Feb 3, 2010
    Spain
    It's coming! I did one video but forgot to eat lunch and I was all mumbly and grumpy. Then the camera battery died and then came the locusts. We'll try again tomorrow......

Deneb and RogerC like this.

14. trev333

trev333 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Just some sub $20 ebay cheapies.... just to see what they were like,,,:rolleyes:

I don't think the kid will care...;)

once I hear them played in a band situation I'll make up my mind whether to swap them out or not... I have others here to try....

valstang pickups.JPG

Barncaster and darkforce like this.

15. darkforce

darkforce TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Germany
    Those will get relatively inexpensive full range speakers (Sica LP165.25/280) with a whizzer cone. My fiancée and I are moving to a new apartment and need some new speakers on a tight budget (my Braun speakers go into the study). In the long run they might need some correction network to soften the mid range a bit, but we'll see once they are done.

Barncaster likes this.

16. Kinghat

Kinghat Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2011
    Texarkana, AR
    When my paint shipment didn't show up in time for all the projects I had in mind to do this past Tuesday, I decided to start a backburnered piece from a few years ago. Old WWII ammo crate and a plank of alder. Sgt Rock!

[​IMG]

17. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 6, 2012
    North of Boston
    OG is back in the swing of it, looking forward to your future post, no pressure ;)

Looks kind of like the headstock for the Anniversary Edition?

METE....SICK BASS!

Barncaster likes this.

18. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 6, 2012
    North of Boston
    Mr. Grant... Awesome stuff happening, love the look of things!

Mark Grant likes this.

19. Mark Grant

Oct 27, 2012
    Northern California
    Just finished up a short demo for the '54 Bakersfield Overwinds. Check it out if you'd like:

mPacT, moosie, DrASATele and 8 others like this.

20. Barncaster

Feb 3, 2010
    Spain

21. Ripthorn

Ripthorn Tele-Afflicted

Oct 22, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I've got a shop made pair of curly maple firebird rings and a shop made electrosocket. Then I realized I don't have the body thickness on my current build for an electrosocket.... Oh well, next one will!

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.