Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by guitarbuilder, Nov 26, 2011.
This is gorgeous...
The bench is a bit of a mess but there are a couple of Fuzz Faces, a Red Llama a SHO and some other electronic bits and pieces as well as a couple of Bakelite pickguards for a Melody Maker. The main project at the minute is a refurb of an Epiphone Jr making it a half Harmony Stratotone. I love P90s but I have a Curtis Novak MM90 in the Melody Maker so I fancied changing up the Jr. I have bound it, given it a 9/16 round over on the back, routed it for two DeArmond Silverfoils, routed a new neck pocket and am going to try to design and shape the headstock this evening.
Log in or Sign up to hide this Ad.
Glad to see you back around Mark!
What great fun!! Love the soundtrack, also.
A mockup after some carving:
Clearance is a bit close between the tubes and the speaker magnet, but it's coming together. Just need the back panels and the grille and it'll be good to go.
Great stuff everybody! Love that puppet Dr Tom!
I popped a couple things off the 3D printer. A set of radius gauges and what will be a rod magnet humbucker for an electric mandola (strat spacing). Really enjoying this experience and learning CAD.
Nice! What model 3D printer do you have?
It the material not flexi ??
Material is solid. Robo 3D r1+
Ha, fair enough. I could have paid closer detail, couldn't I!
Hot rod mando!! You mastered the bobbins. Let's print a 4 string floyed rose tremolo?
My first foray into pedal building. A mosfet booster.
It was really lame to build when all I got from the amp was a loud honk-buzz.
But then I noticed the fet wasn't in it's socket. Once the fet was in it sounded great and suddenly became tons of fun to build!
Now I just need to switch the leads on the pot so it turns the right direction, add a switch/led and enclose it!
Hmmm, what to build next...
Is growing into this:
My workbench is still covered in pick guard dust and files with clogged teeth and my discarded ambitions to cut straight lines and smooth curves. Adding new body routes this weekend.
Doing a colab with the folks at Ribbecke Guitars. I designed, wound and assembled these 1957 inspired PAF's. Butyrate bobbins, PE wire, A5 rough mags, USA baseplates, brass mounting screws, us screws and slugs vintage spec. Mismatched coils wound ACW-1.1 of course. It's a semi hollow design. Cedar carved top with wenge back and sides. Top and back joined by a rosewood block at the bridge/tailpiece. Birds eye maple neck. Ebony fretboard & appointments. Inlay by Larry Robinson. The finish is in my hands as well. Traditional Japanese technique shou sugi ban (charred cedar board) for the top (rubbed with BLO & steelwool). Wenge will get satin nitro and neck French polish shellac. I feel very lucky to be involved with this project.
Very nice Mark. Hey pack these 2 humbuckers and send them to the East Coast. Do do not go well with the black guitar top