Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

What's on your workbench today?

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by guitarbuilder, Nov 26, 2011.

1. tnt423

tnt423 Tele-Meister

Oct 14, 2008
    StLouis area
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

2. Guitarnut

Guitarnut Friend of Leo's

Jun 29, 2009
    USA
    Interesting that this topic would come up. I just put this page together for friends and family so they could keep up with my builds.

On The Bench Now

Mark

3. Mojotron

Mojotron Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 21, 2008
    Seattle
    On my work bench... Well, after years of struggling with 1 20-amp circuit where I use my tools, today my son-in-law and I installed a new Square-D sub-panel with 2 240V and 2 120V 20-amp dedicated circuits for all of my tools - plus I have 7 free spots in the box!

I tested it with my 2hp HF dust collector and it did not trip any breakers! Man was digging around in an electrical box all day scary, but my workbench just got a lot better!

JohnAP likes this.

4. Nick JD

Nick JD Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

A Counter Pressure Bottle Filler adapted to fill any bottle from my kegs. Just needs a quick poly finish to make it beer (spraying everywhere) proof.

[​IMG]

JohnAP likes this.

5. '59_Standard

'59_Standard Tele-Holic

Jan 27, 2010
    Worldwide
    I salute your superb taste in liquid refreshment of the monastery kind, Nick. ;)

6. e-merlin

e-merlin Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 13, 2004
    Garden City, KS
    A home entertainment computer, my 400 HP supercharged Chevette, my late 70's BA speakers, and this:

[​IMG]

CFFF likes this.

7. sogeha

sogeha TDPRI Member

Jan 27, 2011
    IE
    That looks real nice. I'd like to see more of than project please.

8. Guitarnut

Jun 29, 2009
    USA
    That's sweet Mojo!

I share my bench with the garage lighting and outlets as well as the front porch outlet. One of them is a GFI which is a hair trigger. I really need to add on. :rolleyes:

Mark

9. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Tucson, AZ
    This guy is getting the finishing touches

[​IMG]

Gdolly likes this.

10. PLAYONIT

PLAYONIT Tele-Meister

Apr 23, 2007
    hamburg, NY
    5e7

Attached Files:

11. KRamone27

KRamone27 Tele-Meister

Feb 5, 2009
    Carterville, IL
    Currently I have a bunch of car parts on it from an engine rebuild but I don't have the money to complete it so they will be moved outside under a tarp and the bench cleaned up from the motor oil so I can get back to guitars.

12. vtcyclist

vtcyclist Tele-Afflicted

Oct 19, 2008
    Vermont
    An acoustic project. It is a 1960's/early 70's Aria same as my first guitar. Getting a refret, braces glued, new bridge, refinish on the top, new tuners, etc.

Attached Files:

13. bossaholic

bossaholic Friend of Leo's

Aug 4, 2008
    Maui
    How did you cut the vinyl?

14. bossaholic

bossaholic Friend of Leo's

Aug 4, 2008
    Maui
    Kitchen table :D

Musickraft neck and body, SD Quarter Pound's, Schaller tuners.

[​IMG]

15. oldteleguy

oldteleguy Tele-Afflicted

Jul 19, 2011
    wallingford,ct.
    Hi,
    I feel really pedestrian after viewing your photos! On my bench at the moment is a 2x4
    sheet of 3/4" MDF,on which are drawn 3 Tele body templates and 3 neck templates,waiting
    to be cut-can you all tell that I am a beginner?
    Have a Good Day!
    Oldtelegut

16. junk mutt

junk mutt Tele-Meister

May 12, 2008
    Englandland
    My bench is clear at the moment, its too cold and wet here to start another build. Roll on springtime ( when it'll be warm and wet) :)
    Suppose I'll have to start playing again.

17. mkgearhead

mkgearhead TDPRI Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    I just did a fret level & crown on one of my strats. If it warms up enough, I'll paint a body I've got in the garage.

18. Mojotron

Mojotron Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 21, 2008
    Seattle
    Yes - I did the same for years and got pretty frustrated. I am very thankful that my son-in-law is an electrician and was willing to take a day to work with me on that. I would have never tried adding a sub-panel myself.

I learned the other day that there are a lot of options for adding power. Most of the time adding a breaker, a dual-breaker or a double-breaker (for 240v) is all that's needed and that stuff is pretty easy/safe to do if one is OK with changing a breaker. -My original box was completely full though - so I had to bite the bullet.

Now I can't wait for the next project.

19. Guitarnut

Jun 29, 2009
    USA
    I'm comfortable with everything on the box side. I built and used 220V distro units for live production power for 10 years. But when I tied those in, it was into a disconnect that was easy to power down. I wouldn't take a chance with the mains coming into my house for a sub panel. I do have a couple of empty 15 amp breaker slots but I just haven't taken the time to add the circuits. Might be a good winter project.

Mark

20. LC100

LC100 Tele-Meister

Dec 8, 2010
    florida
    Got a little body work done today. Though I was getting tired and sloppy and it shows where the router just tipped a little on the outer edge. No big deal though since it's inside the chamber and will fill easily.

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.