Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

What would you pay for a twinkie

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Telegator, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Telegator

Telegator Tele-Afflicted

Oct 28, 2008
    Louisiana
    One of my neighbors told me earlier today that she knows a lady who sold three boxes of twinkies for $75.00 a box. It made me curious so I looked up twinkies on Ebay and the panic seems to have subsded somewhat but believe it or not if you search for twinkies under "Price & Shipping Highest" you will see some folks are out of touch with reality. $20,000 for a box of twinkies? (Supposedl for charity?)

I assume nobody is dumb enough to pay that price but I have heard that some folks paid hundreds of dollars to stock up on twinkie etc. Now the news tells us that Hostess and their employees labor union have agreed to at least listen to mediation and if no aggreement can be reached it is looking like somebody will take over the Hostess business anyway.

Some folks lost money, some folks made money and the rest of can watch in amazment at how people can be thrown into a panic just like a herd of zebra when they realize a pack of lions is sneaking up on them :eek:

2. TeleKato

TeleKato Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2011
    Naples, FL
    I'd pay $2 for a 2-pack. Then I'd freeze them. And eat them frozen. But SWMBO doesn't allow me Twinkies so this is a moot point -- $2 or $20,000 no matter.

3. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    I'll just wait until the Grupo Bimbo's version shows up. I guess their Soccer Team will have a Twinkie on the back.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. There was an earlier thread about this that got locked. People take their Twinkies seriously!

6. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    This isn't Hostess's first dance at the Bankruptcy Ball. The brand is too well known for it to just sink into oblivion.

7. Justinvs

Justinvs Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 31, 2008
    Wise River, Montana
    THat kind of money for Twinkies? No way.
    Zingers... now that's a different story!

8. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    I'd pay $0 and receive none

9. TeleTim911

TeleTim911 Friend of Leo's

Sep 28, 2009
    Calera, Alabama
    I don't eat Twinkies. I wouldn't give you a dime for one.

10. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    i would pay nothing as i dont like them

ring dings and yodels on the other hand!

11. otterhound

otterhound Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 14, 2008
    Manheim Pa.
    Couldn't pay me to take or eat one .

12. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow Tele-Meister

Oct 3, 2012
    Nebraska
    Is everyone forgetting about Ho-Hos? Sure there are Little Debbie alternatives, but they are just not the same.

I agree with a poster above. The "Hostess" brand will not go away forever.

13. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    If they do to Twinkies what they did to Mrs. Baird's Bread, then we have seen the last of "good" Twinkies.

14. Schmikey

Schmikey Tele-Holic

Apr 17, 2009
    Winnipeg
    Never ever had a Twinkie in my life, and I don't ever plan to.

They're still available up here in Canada, at normal prices.

15. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 17, 2007
    Willamette and Columbia
    I doubt the inflated prices will last - Hostess and the union are going into arbitration. I doubt the brand is going away anytime soon, and anyone investing in Twinkies is in all likelihood going to take a well deserved bath.

16. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    This time it isn't a bankruptcy, they're completely shut down. I'm sure that at some point in the near future the brand will be resurrected, but it's going to take somebody with deep pockets and a good long-term plan. Mother's Cookies went under not too long ago, and they were back on the market under new ownership within a year or so.

One major factor, I believe, for their declining sales is that they didn't change with the times. People want no trans fats, no high-fructose corn syrup, they want healthy stuff these days. Organic food is a big thing as well. Twinkies pretty much represent everything that the typical consumer doesn't want to put into their body, and they'll need to rethink their products if they expect to have a chance on the market.

17. I'm trying to imagine an organic quinoa and amaranth Twinkie.

18. Jack S

Jack S Friend of Leo's

Sep 25, 2008
    Berwyn, IL
    I cannot remember ever buying a Twinky and the only time I can remember eating one in the past 25 years or more was when my buddy (a bartender) came up with the Twinky Tiramisu (soaked in some kind of liquour) which was actually pretty good.

19. Jupiter

Jupiter Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    I'd rather have a maple bar.

20. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 17, 2007
    Willamette and Columbia
    By comparison, that's health food.

And if you put bacon on it, it's a balanced meal.

21. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    santa claus never forgets about his HOs

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.